Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

 Yep!  I turned 74 today and although I definitely look old, I feel young so that's all that counts in my book!

I  had a great day so far....I read, did some cross stitch, made my cinnamon twists for breakfast and pork chops, potatoes and gravy for supper.  I also started putting together my Mary Englebreit Cottage.......I'll paint it at some point but I need to look at hers to see what colors she used.  I've always loved her style and bright colors.....this is fun gluing it together.  I haven't done anything like this in years.............

Last night I was going to watch Top Gun Maverick as "they" keep talking about what a great movie it is. But then I thought I should watch the first one....so I did.  It was like watching a video game with all those planes flying every which way.    It must have been a guy film as it did nothing for me and the camera angle must have been weird because it seemed like he and his girlfriend had very large teeth.  Not sure if I'll watch the Maverick one as the first one didn't impress me.  Maybe I'll watch Little Women.

FYI......I'm having Dulce De Leche ice cream for dessert...oh baby, oh baby!  It's by Haggen-Dazs.  I should have bought 2 pints as I don't think one will be enough! LOL!

Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you are having a perfect day! I love your cottage - I saw hers online. I can't wait to see how you paint it, it is just so darn cute!

I would not care for that movie either. I mostly watch old movies - okay, rewatch old movies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Leftycrafter said...

Top gun is much better on the BIG screen as is Maverick. Or, if you have a big screen TV, that works too. Having kids in the Navy, the movie was of interest to us. Your little cottage is going to be adorable. I too, have always enjoyed her artwork. Happy birthday!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday! Little Woman would be a show I would like too!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Your birthday plans sound great, activies and food. We like "Top Gun" and "Maverick" probably becauase we saw them on the big screen and because Dennis worked on fighter jets in the Air Force so he knew all about them and always likes seeing the planes. I found the way they take off and land on the ships fascinating!
We just saw "Ticket to Paradise" with George Clooney and Julia Roberts yesterday at the theater downstairs . We both liked it and came away wishing we were in Bali instead of snowy, freezing Nebraska!
Take care Sam and Happy Birthday again!
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Grammy Braxton said...

Happy Birthday! I'm a day late because I was prepping for colonoscopy today. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Hugs, Sharon

Jeanna said...

Well, Happy Belated Birthday!!! Yes, all that matters is that you FEEL good. That is most important. Sounds like you had a great day. I look forward to seeing your village all painted and together...what fun.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy birthday. My husband said he can't believe he turned 64 yesterday. :) I'm not a fan of the star of the Top Gun movies so definitely would choose Little Women. Happy crafting!

Becki said...

A Belated Happy Birthday to you, Sam. I hope you're still celebrating! FWIW, My vote would be for Little Women, too. :)