Sunday, November 6, 2022

YOP Week #19 Year 12

 

It is still really nice here.  We are past peak but I am enjoying it.  The photos don't do it justice.  I could use a better camera.  

I've been cleaning and clearing getting ready for company and my cataract surgery this coming week.  Since my daughter is coming for Thanksgiving we are trying to get the Advent gifts ready so we can save on shipping.  For that reason I am buying more than making.  I did get a little pumpkin made which I really like and will be making more.........

Erica Arndt is the creator and she has a video on You Tube and a written pattern you can buy.  I bought the pattern too.  I need all the help I can get!  The video is very good.  She's a great instructor.

I did cross stitch but only on one project...........

I received my 2 pillowcase kits I ordered from Shabby Fabrics and the instructions which are separate.   These are for the grands for Christmas.....one is red and one is black so they won't get them mixed up.  Amy said they love the Halloween ones I made them a few years ago so I hope they like these.  They are flannel so perfect for Winter.


I'm still making granny squares but I'm getting ready to wrap them up and make something out of them.  I'm really wanting to make more pumpkins....there are 3 sizes.  I made the smallest one. 

This week I can't commit to any crafting goals as I'm not sure what I will be able to do with the cataract surgery but I should be fine.  I have it Wednesday and the left eye will be done the 30th.  I wish all of you a great November and I hope you are enjoying the lead up to the Holidays!

Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Good luck on the surgery. Those pillow cases are so cute. I am sure the boys will love them. That pumpkin is adorable. What a great idea to use a cinnamon stick for the stem. Have a great week.

Cousin Kay said...

Yes, the pumpkin is adorable. I'm sure you'll be pleased at how much better your vision is after the surgery. I know that I was.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cute pumpkin. I've yet to make any though I saw them posted all over Instagram last month. Good luck getting everything done. Hope the surgery goes well. Take care.

Maureen D said...

Best wishes with your cataract surgery. I can't wait till I need it so I can stop wearing contacts/glasses!!! Those pillowcases are adorable and what a great idea. Love the idea of seasonal pillowcases. Now you have me intrigued. I haven't taken the knitted pumpkin jump yet but have to admit yours are so cute.

Miss Merry said...

Good luck with the surgery!! I still have the pillow cases my gramma made me .

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope your surgery goes well! Thinking of you!

Jeanna said...

Best wishes for successful eye surgeries and a speedy recovery.

HighlandHeffalump said...

What a cute idea to have a cinnamon stick as the pumpkin stalk, I definitely hope you make more of those. Best of luck with your surgery. Some really cute presents bought already, you are so organised.