Thursday, March 14, 2024

A quick post before the storm hits!

 I have been cleaning and going through everything except walls, ceilings, and carpeting.  I found my parents old 78 records of Broadway musicals, Boston Pops, Nat King Cole, and Perry Como...along with some classical music.  I hated to give them away but their stereo here doesn't work anymore.  So, I ordered one of those reproduction Victrola's except this one not only plays 78's and 45's and whatever else there is, it also has a tape player and a cd player and FM radio......the only problem is it only plays one record at a time and those 78's don't play for very long considering how big they are!  LOL!  But it's nice and I can't wait to dig out my old 45's!

Today was cleaning and polishing a bookcase, dusting and going through books, and giving my horse collection a bath.  I used to have lots more but I gave a lot of them away....the painted horses my daughter got me..........




It's time to get the weather radio out!  There's a tornado watch.....Springtime in the south!

Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Isn't it amazing what treasures you find when going through everything in the house. I have 4 rooms completed and am amazed at all the stuff I can live without. Stay safe.

Betsy said...

In total we've gotten rid of about 55 pickup truck loads to the thrift store in our moves the past few years. It's a good feeling. Yet I look around and we still have lots of "stuff". Those records of your parents are treasures. I just order Mom a new little boombox that should arrive tomorrow. I think it will calm her to listen to her CD's and cassette tapes. She loves music, especially the old hymns.
Your horses are beautiful too. Treasures.
I hope you didn't have any severe storms. We just had rain here and it was very needed.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

How fun to get the new 'record player' to enjoy those treasures. I hope your weather wasn't too bad.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice horses! Stay safe in the storms:)

Miss Merry said...

We had a night of tornado watches and warnings last night. A little scary. We had a touchdown south of us. Lots of house damage along a country road (a car inside one house) and barns and wires down, but no one hurt fortunately. The southern part of our state fared worse.