Monday, March 25, 2024

Some crafty goodness!!!

 Only 2 finishes this week but lots of hand sewing that took lots of time but was very relaxing.  I craft on the weekends mostly especially if there is sewing.  I was going to make project bags but darn if I couldn't find my zippers!  I had to order more from Amazon.  This is what happens when I clean and organize....I can't find anything!

I did finish the heart applique which took most of the weekend and I did a terrible job.  I am not very good at hand sewing.  Plus, when I hemmed the backing fabric I forgot to change the thread and used white thread on a dark fabric!  Duh!  But it's done....not very well but it's a finish..........this was a pattern that came on a cd that I got with a Blackbird Design quilt kit.  I haven't made the quilt yet....

the 2nd finish is a small XS called Spring is Sprung by Asberry's Echoes Stitches on Etsy........I still need to coffee/tea stain and final finish into a pillow.........
Now, I've started on a Robin by the same designer.......this is my morning stitch....

I finally got my floss and started the Bonus block on my Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs...........it's the block on the far right and you can tell I haven't gotten too far yet........

Here is a pattern for 2 Easter projects free on the Shabby Fabrics website and there is also a video you can watch.............Sew Tattered podcaster, made them and said they were fast and fun..........

So, I gathered up some materials for next weekend maybe...............greens and oranges...........

My puzzle is on the kitchen table so I work on it while waiting for water to boil or the oven to pre-heat etc.  I haven't even gotten the border done yet........

As for the past week of cleaning and clearing, it went really well.  I got 4 boxes of "stuff" into the back of the Tahoe and the far side of the living room is looking good!  I will be getting rid of some of this furniture when I am done with cleaning and clearing everything else...........like this stereo of my parents.....

This is my antique cupboard/bookcase....I'll be keeping it......... 

This is a black stenciled tea/bar cart underneath the tablecloth with wheels on one end....undecided about this one....again, it was my parents............
There is a wallpaper mural that goes around that corner of the room....they decorated in Italian Provincial.

So, it was a productive week and I am hoping the same for this week.  I need to get more mulch and stone and my lawn guy was here yesterday and mowed and he said to just call him and he would come and unload it for me.  He and his wife are the best!  I am so lucky to have found them.  It is supposed to rain all day today so I will bake some banana bread.  I love to bake on rainy days...so cozy.  I'll light some candles, do laundry, work more on the living room and start on my taxes. This coming week I also need to fill out my address book go through paperwork and organize and get rid of some greeting cards and stationary.  It's "looking good in the neighborhood"!

 Happy Trails!!!
 






7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Good job in getting 2 finished projects. I hear you about losing things after organizing. I sm now looking for one item that alway resided in my barware but seem to have refined itself to another spit. I do like your corner bookshelf. So convenient and doesn't take up much real-estate. Luckily we do not have excess furniture. Just too many knickknacks. Or dust collectors as my husband calls them. Your yard man sounds like an angel walking among us. You truly are blessed to have him and his wife in your life. Have a lively week.

Jeanna said...

Whew! You have been busy. Your Anniversaries of the Heart is coming along nicely. Congrats on finishing 2 projects. It is a great feeling, isn't it?

Far Side of Fifty said...

You had some finishes...good for you! I have only finished a few things lately. Nothing to write about thats for sure! Mowed your lawn wow it is Spring for sure!

Lucy Bowen said...

Yay for having some finishes! I try not to tidy for fear of losing things!

Betsy said...

I like your finishes and I think the heart looks wonderful to me. You've gotten a lot done. I hate to think of you carrying boxes to the car by yourself but I'm glad your yard guy will help with the mulch and rock.
I think once you get rid of furniture or whatever you'll be glad. I've taken literally dozens of truckloads to the thrift stores since we began our moving journeys 3 1/2 years ago. We haven't missed anything at all.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lin said...

Lovely hand work going on there and the fabrics for your carrots look perfect. Nice to have a good clear out and tidy - I love the wallpaper! xx

Miss Merry said...

You are doing so well in keeping to your crafting schedule, working on your home and landscape. Here I am to distract you! LOL. I think we enjoy a lot of the same books and I started re-reading my collection of Diane Mott Davidson books about Goldie Schultz the cater. I am on book 3 and it has been long enough that I have forgotten the plots. I can't remember why or when I left the series but I can say I am still on the edge of my seat on book 3 (while dreaming of the recipes provided in the book). I did see about 10 minutes of the Lifetime/Hallmark series about the character and the only similarity that I saw was the name. Disappointing. Anyway, if you haven't read the Diane Mott Davidson books - Catering to Nobody is the first.