Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse Day here in Arkansas!!!

 Yes, the towns around here are buzzing with tourists and festivals and celebrations of all kinds.  Me...I'm just staying home.  I got groceries Friday and that was busy like crazy at the pickup.  Usually I pickup at 10:00 a.m. but I couldn't get a slot until noon!  The gal loading my car said that everyone a round is raising their prices because of all the tourists.  We are in the direct path and so we will have 100% of the eclipse.  I'm ready...I have my glasses............

I finally got my project bag made but what a time I had!  Long story but it all worked out finally and I'm sure the next one will be much easier......this is the front...it is a Christmas project bag to hold my Christmas XS

the back....

and the lining...

I have a little XS finish......a free pattern from a French designer..........so sweet..........

 this little bunny was sweet too...chomping on my yard full of clover........

now, back to my Robin.............

I had gotten quite a bit done on my Anniversaries of the Heart Bonus chart but I had to tear it all out because I was off 2 stitches which would have made a big problem later on....I started over and so far so good.........

 The puzzle is coming along slowly but surely.........

Last week I made banana bread which was great for breakfast........today I'm making Red Velvet Cupcakes..........probably not so great for breakfast but mighty good regardless of when you eat them!

That's all for now.  I hope you are all well and enjoying whatever season you are in!

Happy Trails!!!






4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you got to see the eclipse! That is a nice bag!

Miss Merry said...

We were in the 100% visibility too. WE had a sunny and cloudless day and it was awesome! So much cooler than I even expected. You have been busy on all your gorgeous projects.

Betsy said...

We had 80% and it was really neat to see. The clouds came right after so it was perfect timing. I love your projects, especially the project bag and little bunny. Both rhe cross stitch and the real one! :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

We were at 85% visibility for the eclipse but clouds interferred most of the time. The project bag turned out nice. I have the Lori Holt panel to make bags and also her zippers. I just need to find time to do it. The bunnies are adorable. That bread is mouthwatering. I love red velvet cake and cupcakes.