Monday, April 15, 2024

Monday April 15, 2024

 Another crazy week!  My daughter got sick and was in the hospital briefly.  She was dizzy, weak muscles, couldn't stand by herself without help, nauseated and headaches.  After tests they decided it was the crystals in her ears that somehow got disturbed and out of place.  She's been home for a week.  They gave her anti-dizziness meds and nausea meds.  She couldn't look up or down and has had physical therapy for it every other day.  I've had vertigo before but nothing  like this....the  poor girl.  It was sort of funny in a way because she was not allowed to do laundry or cooking or anything where she had to look down or up and she had to do certain exercises.   Tracy and the boys had to pick up the slack although the boys are big helpers but they have homework and activities.  She couldn't be left alone either in case she fell.    Today they said she could go back to work but they are still wanting to see her every other day as one of her eyes is still not back to normal.  If it doesn't get better they are thinking she might have neuritis of the brain?  OMG!   If we knew all the  things that could go wrong in our bodies we'd refuse to come out of the womb! I'm just glad she is alright, feeling better, and on the mend, hopefully!

I also had a doctor appointment this past week, someone came to put some kind of attachment on my propane tank and I was finally able to take the plants outside after all winter, and I got my taxes done (I do them myself).

Don't ask me where the week went but over the weekend I did get some crafting done...........I final finished the little bunny but I  think I would like to get some jumbo rickrack to put around the outside edge...

I also appliqued and sewed the rabbit pillow.........

I cut out the material for the carrots and leaves so they are ready to sew  together.........

I worked on the Robin and it is a lot more stitching than I thought and I'm not done yet

I am so far behind on my Anniversaries of the Heart...actually, I made so many mistakes this week I had to frog many portions of each of my XS projects...not sure what was wrong...maybe I was thinking of Amy instead of focusing on my XS.

I worked on the puzzle and slowly but surely it is coming along....

I also found a quilt kit to start after the carrots are done....it's a small quilt Kit from Kim Diehl...

I'm also gathering materials to make composition book covers plus I broke down and ordered a new self-healing mat for rotary cutting fabrics.  Mine is really old and not working so good anymore.  I got a bigger one too.....36 X 48.  This week I am hoping to get a hold of someone to detail my car.  Luther's coming tonight to mow, and tomorrow it's supposed to storm. I continue cleaning and clearing but it 's slow going.  This week I hope to hang some more pictures and/or plates. 

I hope you are all well and staying busy and happy!

Happy Trails!!!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh dear - what a drama you and your daughter have been through...I hope you are both better soon.
No shortage of things to keep you busy though...

Cousin Kay said...

So sorry to hear about Amy! I've had vertigo also and it's awful, but this sounds like a different level of awful. Hope she's on the mend.

Leftycrafter said...

Noth of the bunny pillows are so sweet. Rick rack would be adorable on the xs one. Looks to me you did quite a bit.if crafting this past week. Amy's vertigo sounds horrible. I have had it but not anywhere near that bad. Did they do an MRI on her? I hope she heals 100%. I like that puzzle. It is going to be so much fun to do. I like puzzles with words on them. They seem to go quicker for me. Have a great week.

Miss Merry said...

Oh my gosh, your poor daughter. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and frustrating that must be, as well as scary! I have had some vertigo but this sounds a hundred thousand times worse! Glad she is doing better and hope the rest of the symptoms go away!

I think you have been busy busy busy! And all the projects look great. Sorry about the frogging.

Betsy said...

Poor Amy! I'm sure that was all just terrifying for her. She has so much on her shoulders too. I'm glad that she's getting better and will pray that she will continue to improve.
Your makes are looking really great. I'm sure any mistakes were because your mind was more on Amy as you stitched, which is to be expected.
Be careful in the storms tomorrow. I think it's the same system that is to go through here in a few hours. They are warning of possible tornadoes already. BLessings and hugs to you Sam.
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I'm glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. What a scary thing to happen. I hope she is completely healed soon.
Your bunnies are adorable. There is rarely a day that goes by that I'm not frogging stitches either on the cross stitch or in sewing. It's part of it, I suppose.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my poor Amy, I hope she improves every day. It must be a big worry for you!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam hope you are okay!