Sunday, August 4, 2024

A new month!!!

I'm starting to get excited for Fall!!!  Walmart has all their Fall decorations in, my hardy mum has a few blossoms and lots of buds, and my Fall clematis is getting ready to bloom also!  Bring it on!!!

Meanwhile, I'm still cleaning my porch but I have lots of boxes ready to go to the thrift store.  The porch is looking good but unfortunately now my kitchen table and the living room are a mess.  Why can't I clean like a normal person?  I cleared off this wicker rocker and now it is Miss Peeps favorite napping spot.....

I haven't done much craft wise this week.  I did get my "Connected Caregiver" monitor and I am wearing it now.........I talked to them and they are very nice and I tested it and it is a computer that answers but she knew my name and wanted to know if I needed help.  They know where I am at all times using GPS and it has a fall detector so even if I don't answer they know where I am and to send help.  They call the nearest ambulance/fire department.  That's great because where I walk there are no people or even houses.  It's very reassuring. 

My rotation piece this week was stamped cross stitch from back in the day but I really like it.......

It is not easy though because it is stamped on linen and the "Xs" don't always match with the linen holes plus they stamped in an  orange/brown which shows under the green for sure.  Oh well, I'm sure when it's all done it will look fine and I am truly enjoying working on it.  I've done some of the green lettering and part of the gold in the word Lord......... 

I've also been working on my March Anniversaries of the Heart......

and I can't forget the  Patriotic Chickens which only get love on the weekend and then in short supply...

In cleaning I discovered some granny squares...not sure what they were or are destined for....we shall see when I herd them altogether........

My grandson, Sam, returned from Puerto Rico and he had a grand time, they visited old San Juan, they went surfing, snorkeling, zip lining, volunteered helping a sea turtle organization, stayed at a coast guard station and went on their ship and ate lots of great food.  This weekend Sam is participating in a fishing competition and this morning he won a kayak!  Grayson is in Washington D.C. having a great time. These boys "earned" their trips by volunteering....a lot!  Amy has been enjoying some child-free time to herself for the first time in years!!! LOL!  It will be short lived once school starts for all of them.   The boys aunt has moved back to Iowa from Florida.  She is a math teacher and will be teaching at Grayson's school and might be his teacher.  What a great summer the grands have had!

I have been walking every day except I took today off.  I worked in the yard this week trimming and getting rid of the trimmings.  Watering as it is hot here.  I started taking the Fosomax once a week and working on the porch/Arkansas/Florida room?  This next week will be more of the same but no appointments thank goodness!  Hopefully, I 'll get more work done.  What have you all been up to?

Here's a funny for today.......lol!

Happy Trails!!!






8 comments:

Susan said...

I am sure your monitoring system gives you reassurance!
Busy on your cross stitch - I think I've only doen one printed one and that was in primary school (ie - some age under about 12)
I am happy to delay our Spring - although the first month of spring is nice...then it starts to get hot again..

Jeanna said...

I"m glad the monitor tested well. You have been super busy with cleaning and made some nice progress on your cross stitch. Sounds like the boys are quite the travelers. Even though your daughter has enjoyed her free time, I imagine she'll be happy to have everyone home again.

Miss Merry said...

So glad the monitor came and is working. Now you can feel more free to do things outdoors and at home. Gosh those grands are busy guys! They are growing up so fast.
Personally I have been "glowing" in this stinking heat. We are supposed to have thunder storms tonight and it should be cooler tomorrow. I sure hope so.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for getting ther monitor! Now you can go for walks without worry! Nice projects:)

Cousin Kay said...

Wow--what a great summer your grandchildren are having. So glad you got the monitor. Miss Peeps is beautiful!

Betsy said...

I'm glad you got your monitor. It will give you peace of mind. I like all of your projects. Very cute chickens! It does sound like the grands had a great summer. So much fun for them. And to have their aunt as a possible teacher will make the school year even better.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so good to hear that the monitor is working . I am sure it gives you comfort as well. You have been busy , Sam. All of your stitching looks fabulous. It is always exciting to see your progress. Have a beautiful and blessed day. Hugs.

Becki said...

What fun and adventures your grandsons have had! That monitor looks and sounds great. Peace of mind for all of you. I like to take walks alone, and I sometimes wonder if I fell or collapsed for some reason, how long it would take someone to come across me. My walking habits aren't exactly secluded, but when I walk in the cemetary, I think about it.