Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Fall is coming!!!

 I have proof of it too............the first sassafras leaf to turn!  They are the first sign of Fall down here.  It will be awhile before the other trees follow suit but it's a start!

Today I wrapped presents and wrote cards and sent 3 packages off  in the mail....2 for the grands and 1 for a friend.  

I also finished the first 2 books in the Phryne Fisher series........Cocaine Blues and Flying Too High....next is Murder on the Ballarat Train.   These books are excellent mysteries and take place in the late 20's or 30's.  I love that time period....I also love the Maisy Dobb books.  I highly recommend these books if you like a good "who done it" without too much gore.

I can now start my granny squares as the yarn arrived!  It is fingering weight cotton yarn and they have a zillion colors.  I was going to use Lori Holt's Chunky Thread (same weight) but it's pricey and most is never in stock so this should do just fine.  I ordered it from Hobbi in Denmark and they seem to have great service and very reasonable prices.

I will leave you today with this darling picture that will melt your heart.....a baby dachshund..........too cute and those big eyes!

Happy Trails!!!


6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Look at those gorgeous colors. But, the puppy stole my heart.

Miss Merry said...

What pretty yarn colors! I know I am wishing my life away, but I am ready for fall.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I heard on the new this morning that it is dry in some areas and they are getting a False Fall. We have some leaves turning also, it is usual for us. Pretty colors of yarn! Thank you so much for the card!! It was nice to know that you were thinking of me!!

Betsy said...

That puppy. Those eyes. I could never say no to that face.
I sure hope you're feeling better Sam. I do like the colors of the yarn that you chose. It's sure to make some pretty grannies.
I detest the heat but I sure am not looking forward to winter either. Fall and spring are my favorites. Not a bit picky am I?
Have a wonderful Wednesday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Fall is coming in the mountains, as well. We haven't turned on the air conditioning in just over a week. The windows and doors are open. I'm dreading our trip to Florida this weekend...the kids say it is HOT HOT HOT. You got some pretty yarn and that puppy is too darn cute.

Breathing Life said...

Oh my goodness, if I ever get another dog I think it will have to be a dachsund. I love the long haired ones, but those eyes. OMG those eyes!!