Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Not very creative this week......

 I've been cleaning and clearing out but my cross stitch mojo has waned.  I want to sew project bags now so I ordered some supplies for that.  I did final finish the February Bitty Bowl pillow but haven't wanted to start March.............

Here's the entire thing put together except for the key charm which I still can't find..........


I did work on the applique heart and it is a disaster!  The wool is shredding apart and the blanket stitch looked terrible so I started using a whip stitch.  I'll finish it but it is a disappointing project.  I used to do blanket stitch all the time...evidently at my age you totally forget everything you ever learned!
I did work on Anniversaries of the Heart for February but I don't think I'm going to finish before the end of the month.........
Spring is here in the Ozarks for sure.....85  today but then a cool down with freezing tonight...but the flowers are blooming and the Bradford Pear is getting ready to burst forth....all the bushes I planted last Fall are all full of buds too.........
Happy Trails!!!
 
 
  

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I love your daffy dills! Too bad about the appliqued heart. I have a feeling your stitching isn't the problem. It is probably the fabric.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty daffodils! Looks like Spring there, snow here and now I have the flu. No fun.

Betsy said...

Hi Sam! We've been sick for a couple of weeks so I haven't been online much at all. We're still coughing up a storm but feeling a bit better. It's good to pop in here today and see your post. That little pillow is darling and I agree with Miss Merry. I'm guessing the problem is the fabric, not you. Your daffodils are so pretty and happy. Love them. We had the same type of weather as you, probably about the same time. Record breaking historical highs for February in the 80's and snow the next day! It's crazy for sure.
Take care my dear friend. I'm glad to be back.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Becki said...

What a sweet little stitch, Sam, and the trim you put on it is perfect. Our flowers are starting to break through the ground, but it is much too early. We've had a most glorious February, though, in Indiana.

Lucy Bowen said...

I love a daffodil! As always your stitching is gorgeous 😍