Sunday, February 4, 2024

My weekends are for creating...

 I've decided since I work pretty hard during the week, cleaning and clearing, that I would reserve the weekends for creating and crafting.   I still have my daily chores but by afternoon I am ready to "rock and roll"!

I'm still slow but I made some progress.  I worked on The Bitty Bowl project for February and it is slow going.  I'm not sure I'll be ready when the March kit arrives........plus, this is only 1 of 2 projects....

I started a Valentine wool applique project....not too big.......I got out my wool, washed it and felted it, and got it cut into sizes for the project and traced the pattern pieces and ironed them onto the wool using freezer paper.......next will be cutting out and pinning to the backing............this was a free pattern that came with that little quilt kit I got from Blackbird Designs............spent $0 on this project..........

I'm keeping my projects that I am currently working on in tubs so I don't lose any of the components.  Plus, it helps to keep things neat without making big messes as I am prone to do! LOL!

I also got to work a bit on some cross stitch "finishing"...at least the pieces are trimmed and the backing fabric cut out.  Now, I need to iron and sew them up and apply some trim.
BTW, I've decided to watch some movies (which I never do) but I was hearing all about the runners up for the Oscars so I thought I would give them a try.  I was very curious about the movie Barbie as it was up for an Oscar in many categories.  Barbie was before my time plus I wasn't into dolls except my cousin and I would play with paper dolls.  When my daughter came along I didn't let her have one and I'm not sure she ever asked.  I felt Barbie was not a true representation of a doll for a young girl....she got an American Girl doll instead.  So, I paid $6 on Amazon Prime and I watched Barbie last night and I watched the whole thing.  It is beyond me what anyone sees of value in that movie.  To be honest, I thought it was the stupidest  movie I ever saw....up  there with The Three Stooges!  I'd be interested if anyone else has watched it and what they thought.  Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate it but really?  I can't believe anyone ever thought it was a good idea in the first place much less award worthy.  On top of that there were big name stars in it! Maybe this is why I don't watch  movies.

Happy Trails!!!       

 


4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your bitty bowl xs is precious. Hooray for small quick projects. Nice to see your Pumpkin xs getting its final touches. Your new wool projects look fun. Good idea on the tub container.

Cousin Kay said...

Did I make you play paper dolls with me? Probably. I didn't see the Barbie movie, but did see Oppenheimer, which I really liked. Amazing history in that movie. I also saw "May-December" and "Society of the Snow" online and enjoyed both. But really the best movie was Oppenheimer, IMO.

Betsy said...

That's a great idea to give yourself the weekend to craft. You're making good progress too. I don't think I could have put the cross stitch pieces away without stitching them up after being so close to the finish. You have patience that I don't!
I feel exactly the same way about the Barbie movie. It's awful and I don't think it's for the kids that it is advertised for. I can't believe that anyone believes it's Oscar worthy. It's a true example of why I don't watch any awards shows anymore.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have not seen the Barbie movie, don,t think I would like it. Not for old women for sure.