Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January Goals met...pretty much!

 I had 3 priorities for January....1) finish ornaments 2) start and complete anniversaries of the Heart #1, and 3) clean and clear dining room.

The ornaments are done...........I sent 2 of the  4 on their way this morning....along with some books and some homemade caramels which I think they will enjoy...........

2)  I did start and complete the first block of Anniversaries of the Heart for January.  I was able to put all the family birthdays that fall in January in it.  I put in my initial but didn't leave enough room for my middle initial, then there is my Mother's, IEG, my son's BL, and my Aunt HG.....it was the first time I cross stitched one over one which is tedious but doable.  AOTH February is up next and I forgot to order the floss so I ordered that this morning....so, I'm already behind! LOL!

 3)  the dining room is done except for shampooing the carpeting.  I didn't get to that but as I start on the living room next I hope to continue to do that in both rooms.  The table before was covered with sewing stuff and so were the chairs...ie every surface!  It was a mess!  I have also packed up several boxes from this room to go to the thrift store........all the furniture you see belonged to my parents except the smaller pieces and the Chinese desk in the corner...it's all getting sold except the desk which Amy wants....I am definitely scaling down! 


Today is the 31st so I'm working on my Halloween XS piece.........


In the next post I'll let you know what my February goals are.

Here's a little inspiration.............


Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I never doubted you would make your January goals! You are a great go getter. How many rooms do you have in total? Will any room take more than a month to complete? Or is there a room that will take less?

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, busy busy! I love those ornaments. I have been in love with them since you started them! Glad they are in the mail. The sampler is beautiful. And all the cleaning! Gosh, you are a whirlwind. I think you can be very proud of what you accomplished in January.
I have no idea how to fix the comments. It is just bizarre. Thanks for the emails. I know you are out there! I just have my fingers crossed it will correct itself since my knowledge of the internet and programs is nil.

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe of your organisational skills! Could do with them here. I'm constantly chasing my tail!Mind you, I had a significant birthday last week so spent a good part of it enjoying myself!I love your Chinese desk.

Anonymous said...

Annoyingly, Google is representing me as Anonymous! It's 'Between Me and You' here!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you making progress!

Betsy said...

I'm back! It looks like you've been busy while I'm been lazing around on vacation. The ornaments turned out so cute. You're cleaning looks great. Do you have a timeline for the move? Or a place in mind?
Take care and don't push yourself too hard.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Lefty Crafter - I will email you with my rooms #'s and timeline. You can keep me accountable!

Miss Merry - don't feel bad...I have a degree in computer science and I can't figure it out! LOL!

Between You and Me - Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad you celebrated...remember...the older you are the longer you get to celebrate!

Betsy - You're back!!! I can't wait to hear about your cruise!!! As for timeline and place..there is a place but not sure if I'll be ready plus I'm clearing out whether I go or not. The thought of moving at my age doesn't thrill me.