Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Haven't been out of the house all week!

 It snowed...about 8 inches!  It was and still is beautiful but it is also very cold and the snow is not melting!  Usually, we get snow and by the next day it 's gone but not this time.   The deer were using their hooves to shovel the snow so they could get to the acorns in my yard.  The birds practically live at the bird feeder.   I had ordered bird feed but Walmart hasn't delivered nor has FedEx or any of the delivery companies.  We did get mail today so hopefully things will start moving again as there are more storms on the way.  Hopefully, it will be rain and not ice or snow.


 

My paper whites are just about ready to bloom......

I transplanted my new baby plants and they are growing like crazy and are so healthy!  I hope I can keep them that way.  



 

I'm still focusing on the dining room and the ornaments and a few other goals I set for myself for January.  Things are going well.

I remember those days...lol!

Happy Trails!!!


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay safe! Hope you melt soon!

Miss Merry said...

Glad you are safe and warm! We have had such frigid temperatures our schools have been closed all week. Tomorrow it is supposed to be slightly warmer BUT we are forecast between 3-10 inches of snow! So I guess we will see. It's all about how the roads are at 6am. Friday looks even worse.
I was the one that lived in town in my office so they always expected me to make it in, if just to answer the phones. I swear one year I was bouncing between snowbanks on either side. After I got an out-of-town job, I would actually go out and measure the snow against my tires. I think it was 5" (I drove a sedan) and I was putting on my coast and heading home!