Sunday, January 28, 2024

My YOP....Year of Priorities

 I have been very busy trying hard to meet the 3 priorities I set for myself for January.  They were clean and clear out the dining room.....I have it pretty much done but need to shampoo the carpeting.

Finish the 2023 Collectible Christmas ornaments for the grands....as we speak the backing has just been glued and will sit under a pile of books overnight.  I should be able to meet this goal by February 1st.  I am late but this project was a lot  more involved than I had anticipated.  The 3rd priority was the first block for January in the Anniversaries of the Heart cross stitch design by Blackbird Designs.  I am close but not sure I am going to make it but I am trying!  There are actually 14 that need to be done this year so I am hoping I can get ahead at some point.  I would like it to be done this year.  For January there are 3 initials and birth dates that will be stitched...my birthday, my mother's birthday, and one of my sons.   We are all Capricorns.  When it is done and framed there will be an envelope on the back containing more information and photos for each of the AOTH.

 So, saying that there are some other treasures and  projects that have come on the scene also. 

I joined Pine Needles "Bitty Bowl Club".  They are a fabric and cross stitch shop in Utah and starting in February they send you a kit with XS pieces to stitch and other decorative items and the bowl.  This one is for Valentine's Day.......when it is all done I will show you the "set up" in the bowl.......it came with 2 XS projects and this one is going to be a little bag......

I also came across a BlackBird Design little quilt kit..........so sweet....for a future project........it came in this cute little tin, with recipes, fabric and a cd............

The Prism blanket is growing!  I had to order 3  more skeins of the black yarn as I am determined to use all of the Mandala ball that you see in the basket.  I also ordered a cute canvas basket that will hold it all as it has definitely outgrown that one in the picture!

I did start one new project...I saw a beautiful prayer sampler on Crafty Cottage Stitches that Jeanette found in an antique store and it was gorgeous!  I found it on Ebay and bought it.  It is a stamped XS that came with all the floss.  I want to hang it in my kitchen when done.......

This is all I have done so far as I've been focusing on AOTH XS to get January done.......it's a fun project....it's been eons since I've done stamped XS......

Farmgirl Drygoods showed an Amish sampler that I had to buy!  I spent a lot of time in the Amana Colonies in Iowa as I lived about 20 minutes away out in the country.....Farmgirl Drygoods...Michelle's husband grew up in the Amanas and now Michelle holds retreats there for cross stitch and wool applique.  Anyway, it's a sweet sampler and I always loved hanging out in the Amanas.........

That's all for now folks....I am so sorry not to have gotten around to visiting.  I will keep trying!

There are NFL playoff games this afternoon!  I am rooting for the Chiefs and the Lions! 

Happy Trails!!!




5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

You are amazing that you are able to work on all these projects! And you have your dining room cleared and organized, too! Wowza. I actually started in my dining room, dumped out some drawers and now the mess is three times as big. I hope I do get caught up to where I was before I started.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have lots of projects in the works!

Leftycrafter said...

I love that bitty bowl club. I went in to see about it and it is sold out (sad face). I will watch you as you work up all the pieces. You have so many lovely items on the go. Sounds like you may achieve your January goal yet.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Miss Merry.....that happens to me all the time! I go to clean and organize and end up making a bigger mess! Plus, when I do get it done, I can't find anything.

Lefty Crafter....that happened to me last year. I missed out by the time I heard about it so I was there in early January to sign up! You can do it next year. I did see some leftover ones from last year on Fat quarter Shop, I think. It was just the XS not any of the additional items which I think is what makes it so cute but they do have a photo on the front that you could imitate.

Betsy said...

Lots of fun projects you have going on Sam! I love them all but especially the project in the little tin.
We love the Amana's. As you know, we just went and visited there a couple of months ago. It didn't seem to have changed a whole lot since we were last there, about 30 years ago.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of your progress on everything you have going.
Blessings,
Betsy