Thursday, January 11, 2024

Is everyone getting ready for the storms?

 The weather here has been nice for the past 2 days and fairly warm...50's so, I made a grocery list and ordered yesterday.  I put thrift stuff in the car, dropped it off today on my way to pick up the groceries and then got the car filled with gas.  I checked my wood pile in the garage and I think I am fine.  We are to get rain and lots of it, high winds, then very cold and snow.....they did mention the possibility of hail and tornadoes....I think they just about covered everything!  LOL!  The grands are going to get a blizzard and very cold temps up in Iowa..they already had 2 days off this week because of snow.... they will love it!  We are all weather geeks and love a good storm as long as we don't lose power!

My hibiscus has been blooming almost constantly.  The blooms only last about 2 days but there are always more.  They are saucer size...........

I got a treasure in the mail yesterday....Halloween fabric from Urban Chiks.....they are one of my favorite designers and their fabric goes fast so I nabbed a charm pack and a mini-charm pack when I saw it.......

I am expecting some house plants from Amazon!  Did you know you can order house plants from them?  I got a variety of  6 and I'm sure they're small but since I can't garden I am going to focus on house plants and flowers.  I could garden but there's so little of it that I can eat I just gave it up.

I got all the groceries put away and picked up an antibiotic prescription my doctor ordered in case I feel sick or get sick and the doctor is closed, he wants me to take it right away.  So,  it's nice to have it on hand just in case.  He asked me when was the last time I was sick besides the diverticulitis....I told him I had a cold about 15 years ago...that was the last time I was sick.  Also, my blood work came back and it was great.  The only thing that was out of whack was my Alkaline Phosphate but that is from the RA.

I hope you all stay safe if you are getting any of this wild and woolly weather and extreme cold!


Happy Trails!!!


 

4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

We got that winter storm this week already. Hang on to your hat. We had winds up to 50 mph. The mountains got lots of snow. We have had frost warning for over a week. Very unusual for us. Your Dr is a smart man. Having ans antibiotics on hand is a nice touch. Stay safe during this winter storm. Hoping your IA family is safe too.

Betsy said...

Your doctor had a great idea. I wish more would do the same. Ours used to give Dennis antibiotics when he was traveling for work. He went places like Kenya, South Africa, Ukraine, Romania, Egypt, Nigeria, etc., where if he got sick, it might be hard to find a doctor and proper medicines.
We're expecting that storm that Amy's family is. They just upped the snow to. 9-11 inches and high winds. Ridiculously cold wind chills too. I'm ready for our cruise next week! :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay warm, the cold is here now and will get colder with a windy weekend they say. Glad you have antibiotics on hand...smart Dr tp prescribe them:)

Miss Merry said...

Happy to hear you are set for storms! I was pretty set already since the elementary schools are taking teacher days in conjunction with MLK day and I have lots of visitors coming. I am sure if we DO get snow , they will be disappointed that they are already off school that day. The first storm went by tonight and, again, lots of snow west of us, jumped over us and now it is snowing east of us. But I am not complaining!!!