Monday, January 8, 2024

Busy Monday as usual!

 It's supposed to rain for the next 2 days and maybe some snow and high winds....I'm wondering if I should even put the garbage out.  Brian, my pest control guy, comes this morning at 9:30, but I need to go to the post office in Franklin too before he gets here.  I think I can make it as the Post Office opens at 8:00 a.m.  I loaded the car yesterday for taking  to the thrift store.  I drop it off on my way to pick up groceries whenever that is.  Lots to do around here!

My paper whites came out of the cold where they had to be for 10 days....they're starting to get green....

I've been working on Baby Jesus as my morning stitch but it is grueling and not a fun XS at all.....I'll be glad when it is done which will still be awhile...........

My focus this week besides regular chores, laundry, and cooking...........is my dining room where I do most of my sewing so it is a real mess!  And my Anniversaries of the Heart which I need to do 3 squares per day (a square being 10 x 10 stitches) but not all the squares are stitched.   I am way behind as I was working on my birthday stitch.  I want to do at least one pattern a month if not more as there are 14 total if I want to finish in a year.  

I wonder if Miss Peeps would like this? 

It's never too early to start making gifts for next Christmas!

Happy Trails!!!





4 comments:

Betsy said...

That hat is exactly how my friend in Spokane makes baby hats for the hospital. She makes the rectangles and sends them to me. I finish them and donate to the hospital. She only knows single crochet so I showed her this trick and made her a cardboard template. She knows exactly the size to make them.
Have a wonderful Monday Sam. We're still waiting for our snow to begin this mornging.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting way to make a hat! Hope that the high winds miss you, but it sounds like a big storm system. Stay safe!

Leftycrafter said...

I have a feeling Miss Peeps would not be interested in a wardrobe. Lol. What is the baby Jesus being done on? Looks almost like a plastic canvas sized hole. Did you get snow with this winter storm? We got rain and have frost warnings out this week which is not normal for us. Stay warm

Miss Merry said...

I would love a video of you putting the scarf and hat on Miss Peeps! Just kidding - don't try it!!!!