Saturday, January 20, 2024

Sock washing day!

 I ordered some special wool wash for my socks and other delicate items.  I wasn't sure it was worth the price but now that I have used it I will be using it from now on.  You only use 1 teaspoon for a gallon of water, there is no rinsing and it smells wonderful!  The socks came out like someone had blocked them...wonderful product!

One tip I might give you although you are probably much smarter that I am....wash each pair individually and wash light  to dark.  I had washed all mine together and one new pair was not colorfast and bled all over the other ones!  I won't be making that mistake again.

I also got a refill for Mary Ellen's Best Press..........another great product.  I don't use it for my regular ironing but I do use it for pressing my quilting seams when I am  piecing a quilt....it makes a big difference in your seams lying nice and flat...........I buy the refill as it is less expensive in the long run.  I get both these products on Amazon.

My paper Whites are blooming..........but I do not like their smell at all........it's heavy and sweet....not for me....but the flowers are very pretty.  I'll have to see if I can save the bulbs for next year and how to do that or if they are just a one time deal.............

The deer had a convention in my back yard last night...there were 6 of them....it looked like 2 moms and 4 young ones from  this past Spring.........they were chomping down on acorns, of which I have lots in my yard...."Acorns are highly nutritious, filled with carbohydrates, and easy to digest. When fall comes, deer need to put on weight to keep them through winter and acorns are an excellent food for this purpose, as they are a high-energy food source. Research has shown that the more acorns deer eat, the fatter they are."

Walmart finally delivered the bird seed yesterday, thank goodness!  My other purchases from other places seem to be taking forever.  We still have snow and wind chill advisories and freezing temps but supposedly the major roads are clear.  Come Monday, I'll probably get everything at once.  I know one package has been in Little Rock since the 16th....oh well.  Just as long as everyone stays safe that is the main thing.  I'm glad I always stock up in the winter, but I was running out of bird seed..........


Happy Trails!!!



 

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Oh my goodness - it was a deer convention in your yard!!! That is quite a crowd!!!
I ordered hand soap on clearance at Bath & Body Works. I had enough for free shipping. I get a partial box every couple days. I'm not sure why they don't just wait and ship it at once! I get updates from UPS. We have had a lot of snow (8") I think, and sometimes it just rides around all day and goes back to the UPS garage for the night.
My husband had me order him 3 saw blades on Amazon, all the same brand. They were supposed to ship together some time next week. Well, we got one a few days ago, another today and it says the third will ship this week. So odd.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We had deer in our yard at home too, Far Guy has two cameras that send his phone notifications. You sock wash stuff sounds great!