Sunday, November 12, 2023

YOP Week #20 Year 13

 Well, it's time for the 2023 Advent Gift showing before I wrap them all up.  There should be 13 gifts at the very least.  We start opening on the 13th and the biggest/best gift is opened on Christmas Day.  I have them in no particular order at this time but I will order them from the least to the best before I wrap and number them.

So here goes.........I cross stitched this little ornament since she is a teacher........... 

 
an orange wallet since her  favorite color is orange..

a wool coaster that I rug hooked.............

She loves true crime and at one time was going to go into criminal justice.  I'm not sure if she reads it or watches it but I got this book and I read it and it tells you all the details of the crimes that you don't hear on the news.  It's pretty horrific and I will warn her not to leave it around for the boys to pick up....it is really awful, and of course, most are crimes against women. This author was highly rated and has written a whole series of these books....it's sad that he doesn't run out of crimes to write about.........

A lavender sachet to put in her knitting bag.....

Dulche De Leche means candy from milk and it is a Latin American caramel like sauce used on many things.  Amy and I love anything with Dulche De Leche on the label.  One of my favorites is Hagan Dass Dulche De Leche ice cream.....yum!!!

Some pumpkin and maple leaf battery operated lights for Fall.........

a pair of holiday socks and no, I did not make them............

This is a cup for her watercolor brush when she's painting ......

See the indentations where she can lay her brush?  Genius!

a book of vintage stickers........

She loves the Mexican sugar skulls................

These are Pioneer Woman scented wax melts in the shape of roses....3 different scents.....love the tins they come in..........

Amy has a small Keurig in her classroom so I got her some of these individual cleaning cups.....

a reversible bag for "stuff".........

I counted 14 so there will be a bonus gift this year!

As for creating this week....I have discovered that the first picture I take on my camera...when I download it never shows up.  I took a picture of the Cherry Basket XS and it didn't download but I did get work done on it this week.  I also worked on the Pilgrims...........

I worked on Prism but it just looks bigger.  Amy and the boys are arriving next Saturday and after that my cousin and his wife are coming down to help me get the house ready to sell.  So awfully generous of them.   Especially my cousin's wife, Laurie.  My other cousin, Kay, says that's why they call her Saint Laurie! LOL!   So, needless to say I probably won't be creating or blogging for awhile...several weeks.  I'm so dreading moving but it will be nice to be in my last place and never having to move again!

I did spend time organizing my fabrics by color and I cleaned out a dresser and closet in the craft's room so that was progress!


 

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.

Happy Trails!!!




13 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I love your tradition of Advent gifts for each other. All of them are so perfect for her!

So glad you have family coming to help you. It will be nice to visit and many hands make light the work. And moving to your forever home will be a huge relief.

Take it easy and don't try to do too much.

Cousin Kay said...

Great gifts! I have to admit that I also love true crime.

Leftycrafter said...

Some very lovely Advent gifts. You guys have a great tradition going. Sounds like you may be readybto sell and move before the end of the year with all that help coming. Have decided where you are going to yet?

MaureenHD said...

What a wonderful advent calendar for your daughter. I'm sure she will love it. My kids get Bonne Mamme advent calendars. I've tried other advent calendars but the jams seem to be a hit.

Betsy said...

Hi Sam! Those are such great gifts and I just know Amy is going to love them. That cup for her paintbrushes is brilliant. Actually, I would love to get any or all of those gifts. :-) I bought most of Piper's advent gifts yesterday. I had picked several of them up over the past few months. But I got most of them yesterday. I also wrapped everything yesterday. Except Dennis's present. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed. He works tomorrow so that will work well as long as it gets here before he gets home. Then I can sneak it inside and get it wrapped.
I'm so glad you're going to have help getting ready for the move. I sure hope it's back here to Iowa. Maybe we can finally meet!
I hope your Monday is a wonderful one my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Lin said...

What a great collection of gifts. xx

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice collection of gifts! I hope that you are moving near Amy! Glad you have some help with getting the house ready to sell!

Between Me and You said...

That true crime book sounds awful! Stuff to give you nightmares! All the other gifts are adorable. Glad you've got folks to help with move. It's a lot up do on one's own.Have a good week.

Between Me and You said...

'to do'! Kindle predictive text sucks!

Rain said...

I love that skull mug!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous presents, I'm sure she will be thrilled with them. Good luck getting the house ready for sale and enjoy Thanksgiving when it comes. Liz

Lucy Bowen said...

Ooh they are lovely advent gifts - it is your inspiration that I send off a package for my mum for advent - but it's not up to yours standards yet!!

Becki said...

Those are some nice gifts! I'm looking forward to you sharing your Advent gifts with us here as you open them. What a fun tradition you and Amy have.