Sunday, November 5, 2023

YOP Week #19 Year 13

 Well, I haven't blogged since last Sunday and that may be the way it is going to go from now on.  My back is still healing and although I am ambulatory there are certain things I cannot do, as of right now.  I can make my bed but not sure if I will be able to change my sheets especially when I need to shake out my mattress topper.  I can't bring the salt in to put in my water softener and there are several other things that are off the list for right now.  But I have managed to gather more thrift and put it in the car.  I totally cleaned out the dining room buffet and packed up all my holiday baking supplies...ready to be moved when the time comes.  I've cleaned and when I needed to sit down I did my cross stitch.........so here's what got done this week when I took a break............

my morning stitch......The Cherry Basket although I haven't stitched the basket yet....stay tuned for that!

Afternoons I switch to my Thanksgiving stitch....the Halloween Witch will only be worked on the 13th and the 31st or 30th of each month.  The pilgrims are a free pattern from The Primitive Hare......the outside scallops are fabric scallops which I think is a very cool idea!

There are Blackbird Design weekends too but since The Cherry Basket is a Blackbird Design project I am exempt from that rule...lol!  

Most of my time is spent trying to get the house ready to sell.....it may take until Spring!

I do have all the Advent gifts taken care of and I am waiting for one more to come in the mail and then I will show them all next week.  Then I will need to wrap them.  This week I will also be starting on the Annual 2023 Christmas ornaments and some other projects for the Iowa gang.........such as....these mug cozies..........

and this Iowa Christmas ornament...........
 
 
and if I have time....there is this XS to do for my SIL...........but it may end up for his birthday at the end of January...we'll see....it's the Iowa Hawkeye (University of Iowa sports) insignia.......

Oh, I also worked on my Prism blanket (pardon the sun shining on it).....it's getting so big I can't get it all in the photo.  I've been working on it in the evenings and I am so glad I stuck with it as it is really looking nice and so fun to crochet.  I will work on it until I run out of the big Mandala "skein".



I also did some mending which has been staring at me for quite awhile.....my Princess pillow and my really old Teddy bear!  He's not as old as me but almost!  The Princess pillow my daughter got me after I had eye surgery in Tennesee and we had a long drive home...she was doing the driving.  I love that pillow and it has come in handy many times!  Great for a stiff neck too!  Although, in reality, she is the Princess and I am "The Queen of Everything"...lol!  I need to get a little outfit for "Teddy" to spiff him up a bit.....

I hope you all had a great Halloween...I'm afraid it was not so great for this poor guy...............

Happy Trails!!!


9 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Your prism blanket is stunning! I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better but I hope you don't overdo it.

Miss Merry said...

Your back is healing slow and steady. Just make sure to take it slow and don't over do! Your projects are lovely. And I love the poor mummy!

Betsy said...

I'm sorry that your back is still bothering you a lot. I wish I were closer to help you out with those things that need doing. Your projects are GREAT. Our preacher is from Iowa. His Dad is 89 and still farming! I needed to figure out something to put that hawkeye cross-stitch on for him. I've been trying to figure out clues as to where and when you're moving. I hope it's back here to Iowa and next spring? Whoo-hoo! I know your daughter and grands will be thrilled.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Better take it easy til your back is all better...hard to do I know. :)

Maureen D said...

I really like your Prism blanket. I hope your back gets better soon. It's hard to take it easy as there is always something that needs to be done.

Rain said...

I love that Halloween cartoon! Sam, I hope your back is better soon! I didn't know you hurt yourself. ♥♥ Your blanket is lovely!

Leftycrafter said...

Even with a good back I can not lift the water softner bag. I drag it into the house and then open it and use a large cup to take it from bag to softner. Your cross stitch projects are always so great. The cherry one is very spring time looking. What a great idea for the Thanksgiving one to use fabric for the edging. I hope you are able to get the house ready to sell soon so you can go where your heart wants to be.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Looks like you got more crafting done whilst resting your back. I love your idea of doing things on certain dates, days or weeks. I haven’t managed to adopt that myself, but now I’m finally done with being Guild Treasurer maybe it will be a good chance to implement it. I love the cartoon.

Juan Maria said...

I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

Thank you blog admin.