Sunday, October 29, 2023

YOP Week #18 Year 13

 Well, I've been getting a lot done around here but yesterday I evidently pushed the envelope.  My bed is on wheels and on carpeting so I moved it so I could vacuum and put the headboard behind it that I painted probably last year.  The headboard isn't attached I just put it behind the bed and the bed holds it there.  Well, I couldn't get it to stay while I  went to push the bed against it, so I pushed the mattress and then I went to shove the entire bed and I heard or felt or both....a crunching sound from my back.  Yep, I hurt my back but I think it will heal.  I hope so anyway.  I've been taking Tylenol and I have a hard time getting up and down.  That is when it really hurts but it will heal.  I'm pretty strong but I guess at my age I should be careful but who else is going to do  it?  Now I can't so I may call my yard guy this week and see if he could stop by and move my bed under the mattress completely.  Anyway, cleaning and clearing is what I've been up to this week and not much else.  I found my bin of photos and there were pictures in there that I never saw before....wonderful old pictures that I will share another day.

So, the only time I worked on anything was when I took a break.  I did finish an old WIP (work in progress)...........this was a free pattern from somewhere commemorating the 20th anniversary of September 11th.  You could make it into a little pin but I'll just finish into a little pillow or ornament for my patriotic tree..........

Now, this next project is a case in point.  The floss they recommended were over dyed but they had the DMC equivalents which is what I used...........here is the photo on the pattern that I fell in love with and next to it you will see mine using the DMC flosses.................very sad..........

The bird is gray not blue and the yellow beak and breast are bright pink not golden.  Yes, I did notice it before I stitched the beak but I decided to just go ahead and after I finish it I may order the over-dyed colors and see if that would come close to the pattern picture.  I'd heard that some of the "old" colors were changed....why?  Why would DMC change their colors when they know there are 1,000's of patterns out there with those older designated colors in them?  I have been thinking about organizing my flosses by color as opposed to brand and name or number.  I will ensure that the colors I use will match the colors on the pattern!

I continue to work on and enjoy Sally Spencer...........

There was no haul except one book from Thrift books which is a quilt pattern book that I have wanted for quite a while....even though I won't be making it anytime soon..........it includes a cd with all the templates.   The book also contains letters by farm women during the great depression.........
I think we had peak colors last week and now it has been raining for the past 2 days.  I picked some flowers and leaves to bring in before it rained......

I may have to go take a nap now as I didn't sleep very well last night....TTYL!

Happy Trails!!!

12 comments:

Maureen D said...

I'm sorry you hurt your back and yes it could take quite a while to get better. I'm constantly reminding my hubby, and myself, that we can no longer do what we used to do without thinking. I hope Tylenol/etc. are sufficient to let you enjoy life as your back recovers.

Betsy said...

Oh Sam, I am so sad to read that you hurt your back. It is hard to admit that there are some things that we just can't do anymore. I'll be praying for you and that it will heal quickly. I know how you don't like to be down and out when there are things to be done.
I think your stitching is very pretty even with the pink beak & breast on the bird. It is odd that DMC would do that. I have mine organized by number in those plastic boxes but if they're going to change the colors and numbers, it won't do much good!
I sure hope you feel better quickly.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sorry to hear that you hurt your back. Hope you find someone to help you move the bed! Really cold here as in snow boot weather:(

Leftycrafter said...

Aching backs are no fun. Motrin/Aleve are your best friends. Your 9/11 memorial xs is sweet. I think your idea of the little pillow is great. Your bird looks fine to me. No one is going to know that the 'original' was had different options for floss.

ceulanfibres said...

Lovely work! Sorry about your back, I hope you’re on the mend soon.

Miss Merry said...

I'm so sorry. Please try to rest and relax that darn back. All your projects can wait. We want you whole!!! Take care (hugs but not real because I do not want to hurt your back).

Lin said...

Sorry to hear you hurt your back - cosset it now otherwise you will find yourself with long term problems. Give it a good rest.
I am not good at following patterns - a lot of my threads were inherited from my Nana and Aunt and lost their labels long ago (the glue does not keep although the threads do!) So they are just wound onto floss bobbins and I grab whatever colour I think works best for the project.
The Farmers Wife is a great book. xx

Between Me and You said...

Oh dear that's not good, hurting your back that way. Hope you haven't fractured anything! One must take care of oneself when living alone. No more pushing envelopes! The quilt book looks really interesting. Bet those farmers' wives had it tough in the beginning.Get better quickly.

Quazar said...

Sorry to hear you hurt your back. Take it easy and it'll heal eventually. It baffles me that 9/11 was over 20 years ago. It's funny what events get seared into your memory, I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm so sorry about your back - hopefully it is feeling better now and you were able to get someone to push the bed back. Still your stitching is lovely even the one with the off colours!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh no! I’m playing catch p on your posts in order and hoped you weren’t overdoing it. I hope your back is feeling better.

Juan Maria said...

I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

Thank you blog admin.