Wednesday, October 4, 2023

What a week and it's only Wednesday!

 I canceled Hulu and ESPN which I had added to the Disney channel as I was under the impression I could watch football.  There was a game on Monday night and I got in to ESPN but then it told me I had to contact my local t.v. station!  Huh?  I had paid for it....fed up for sure so I canceled the Hulu and ESPN.  

Monday, I was able to get the SUV filled up with gas on my way to the doctor.  My bp was up and I had gained weight.  I kept wondering why I was bumping into things all the time...lol!  The bp is fine, I think I had just been running around a bit or had white coat syndrome but it is good now.  I'm pretty sure I  know why I gained weight.  I think there might have been some ice cream and Reeses Peanut butter cups involved.  Geez Louise....can't a girl have any fun?  I'm on a restricted diet as it is but I thought, well, I can have ice cream and I can have peanut butter cups but obviously not.....back to my potato soup and jello! LOL!

Everything comes due in October it seems.  The lawn guy was here, then the pest control guy, then the electric company doing their annual inspection of the meters which brings the power down right after I had written a long email to a friend.  Then I am scheduled for the annual termite inspection (not me personally....the house), plus I need to get flu shot and Covid booster.  It was the twice yearly garbage pickup for junk but they won't take what I need to get rid of.....old paint, old broken electronics, and pesticide spray from years ago.

But I did manage to get the house decorated for Fall and Halloween. 

It's been pouring rain all day and will continue tomorrow also.  But yesterday I got the ghosts put up in the trees and the pumpkin in the window........



I've been trying to hang a quilt on the wall all afternoon.  I looked up the how-to using command strips and I have 4 on the wall but they won't stay on the quilt.  I'm figuring I will sew them on to the quilt...that's the way it has been all week....5 steps forward and 10 steps back!  But it is still my favorite time of  year.  Buddy, the hummer, is still here but I know any minute he will take off for the South.  I will miss him and come Spring I will pray we will both be around to see each other again.  He's the only one that sits on the hanger that holds the feeder.  He chases all the others away except for one skinny little hummer which is either Mrs. Buddy or a juvenile from this Spring in his tribe.  

Oh, I made some salted caramel Rice Krispie Treats and I was going to send them to the grands but I think they're a bit messy and a little too sweet.  I'm refrigerating them and thinking they might travel better that way.  I have few other treats to make for them and then their Annual Halloween box of goodies will be off to Iowa.

Monday there was some kind of threat to Grayson's middle school and one of the high schools so they canceled all the schools in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and the FBI was called in.  They're back in school but they can't use backpacks...everything has to be see-thru.  My daughter was quick on the draw and ordered clear vinyl backpacks for the boys.  I bet they will run out of them fast as every child in school in Cedar Rapids is going to need one!  So far there has been no news about the threat but I would think they could easily track where the email or social media post came from.  So sad that so many are so angry and unhappy that they feel the need to lash out at others.

That's all the news that's fit to print!  Everyone stay safe out there!

Happy Trails!!!   

6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

You are such a busy gal! I love fall, too. It is finally cool enough to have some ambition but not cold enough to make me burrow under the covers. It isn't fair that ice cream and peanut butter cups aren't a prescribed diet. If life isn't hard enough, fake threats to schools are not funny.

We had a school go into lockdown and then evacuation with law enforcement searching top to bottom. What sounded like a gunshot turned out to be a bicycle bursting on the rack outside a door. It is so sad that everyone immediately thought it was a gun shot.

Take care, my friend!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Scary for your Grands, so sad when kids can't even go to school:(

Betsy said...

My goodness you had a lot of news. It will be fun to see if your hummer comes back next spring. That diet of ice cream and reeses sounds perfect to me. Why does the good stuff always cause weight gain?
I want to make some scotcheroos soon. I've been craving them. (They're not on my diet either.)
I wondered why I was seeing clear purses and backpacks. Now it makes sense. What a sad, sad world we find ourselves living in. I'm so tempted to just make a fortress of my home and never leave it. It's pure craziness out there.
I hope you have a great rest of the week Sam. Fall is here!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

Well, pitys sake. I can not believe a bit of ice cream or a couple of peanut butter cups would put on that much weight. How sad. It's not like you sit around all day long and don't move! Your fall decorations are so pretty. I love autumn and ours is so short here. I live vicariously through all my blogging buddies.

Jeanna said...

Whew! You have a lot going on this month. Decorating for fall is fun and I'm happy to be in a place where we actually get fall weather! With all that is going on, have you been cross stitching or any other crafting?

Rain said...

Wonder why you were bumping into things lol...I've been there! I love your ghosts and pumpkins!