Sunday, October 22, 2023

YOP #17 Year 13

 From now on there will mostly be cross stitch on my YOP posts as I am packing up my fabric and yarns except for Prism which I will continue to crochet.  When I get tired out from cleaning and clearing I sit down and do a little cross stitch and then it's back to it!

I got started on my 2 new cross stitch pieces.....my new Halloween start...The Quilted Witch by Lori Holt....  

Here's my progress.......I'm starting to stitch that big pumpkin she's holding....

I've worked on Grayson's wolf..........

more progress on Sally Spencer which I love working on......

and then  there's my new small that I started.........Basket of Cherries by Black Bird Designs.......

here's my progress.....I work on this a little bit in the mornings.....the lighting is bad because it was just getting light out when I took these pictures...also there is a hand dyed floss list or you can use DMC which is less expensive.  I chose DMC but in order to come close to the hand dyed floss they sometimes  have you combine 2 different colored DMC threads.  I've never done that before but the effect was really pretty..........you can't tell from this picture......the pink was a combo floss.........and so is the thread hanging down....for the berries.........   

When I ordered my floss for the above projects, I ordered the 2nd chart for the Anniversaries of the Heart series.............

and then because the rule is that "no pattern should travel alone".....I picked up this Lizzie Kate pattern of the 2 pilgrims....so cute!  Miles and Priscilla Standish..............

Here's a little Halloween humor...............

Happy Trails!!!






8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

How fascinating to combine two different colors of floss to achieve the tone called for. It looks so pretty too. Packing up a house to sell and move is rough work. When will you be putting your house on the market?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty projects! Graysons wolf is looking like a wolf!

Miss Merry said...

I love seeing the progress on your projects.

Betsy said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your progress on all of your projects. The new one with the combined thread is going to be nice when finished. I've combined floss with a metallic thread before on projects, but never two different colors.
Will you have help when the "serious" packing begins? Take care of yourself.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Lucy Bowen said...

The stitching looks great - as always! I love the cherries!

Jeanna said...

Most times blending DMC gives a better variegation than the over-dyed flosses. I'm working on a project now that my over-dyed has very little to almost no variegation. You have some nice cross stitch projects going. The witch is going to be fabulous!

HighlandHeffalump said...

No pattern shall travel alone 😂. I think I have the same thought with yarns 😀

Juan Maria said...

I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

Thank you blog admin.