Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Treasures came today!!!

 Yesterday was another gorgeous day here.  It was garbage day and after getting that taken care of, I wrapped up the Halloween box for the grands and drove over to the next town to mail them.  But they were closed.....it was Columbus Day!  Duh!  It was on my planner too but it didn't register that things would be closed.  So, I came home and made mashed potatoes and chicken parmesan.  I placed an order to Fat Quarter Shop, watered my plants, made a grocery list, and ordered groceries.  It has been strange lately...there was a bad accident on my way home from the post office, the fact that the post office was closed, and then when I went to order groceries, Walmart online ordering was not available as they were having "technical difficulties".  I finally got my order in about 2 hours later.  Sunday when I went to make treats for the grands the white chocolate mini-morsels wouldn't melt!  But these are all minor issues except for that car accident....I hope the people are all right.

Today, I finally got the Halloween box shipped off, Halloween cards mailed and I went and picked up my groceries. I unloaded and put everything away.  I still disinfect everything.  It's such a habit I just keep doing  it especially since there are Covid cases popping up.  We have no idea how many though and where because they stopped keeping track of them!  I plan on getting my flu shot and Covid booster tomorrow probably.  I wanted to make sure I was ready because it makes me so tired I will probably sleep for 2 days! LOL!  

But on to the treasures!!!  I got my yarn so I can get back to working on the Prism blanket.....this yarn is great.  It doesn't pill and it is so soft....it is acrylic and totally washable and dryable and comes in lots of colors.  It's Lion Brand yarn..........

I also got my floss for the little ghost cross stitch.......

and because you can't just order floss, and no pattern should travel alone....I got these.......the Basket of Cherries I've admired for a long time.....

and this is the first of 14 patterns to be stitched on 1 piece of cloth....I am planning on starting this on New Years and hopefully finish by December 31st.  It is going to be a tribute stitch with each block paying tribute to my relatives on my Mother's side or I could use it to pay tribute to all the wonderful animals I've had in my life....I'll have to decide.  Maybe I'll have to make 2 of them! LOL!  This gives me time to spread out the cost of the floss and fabric required and the cost of the remaining 13 patterns.  I want to ensure I have all of the patterns before I start this project.....they aren't that big but altogether it will be a big piece.........

I also got some mini-charm packs to make some patchwork project bags.........I purchased all of this except the yarn, from 123 Stitch....good prices, sales, and great customer service!

That's all for today....now I have to figure out all the fabric and floss needed for those 2 new patterns! LOL!  Oh, BTW,  there is a great podcaster, Farmgirl Drygoods and she has her own store also.  She lives on a farm in South Central MN where she raises goats.  She has the cutest projects in XS, quilting, and wool applique and many of them are kitted up in her store.  She doesn't podcast very often but when she does you will be glued to the screen!  She also sponsors the Brenda Gervais retreat in the Amanas every year. She's great and be sure and sign up for her drawings as they are great too!


Happy Trails!!!



4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have been busy! Glad you got your supplies so there is no craft stoppage!

Lin said...

Nice purchases - your new project will keep you busy. xx

Betsy said...

Love the funny today! When I did math problems I always wondered by people cared how fast a train they weren't on was going. :-)
You have so many new things that you will be busy all year with just what you bought today. I love that last Blackbird Designs kit. So pretty
We're going to the Amana's next Monday for a few daays. It's been about 35 years since we've been there, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Have a great day Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I love all things Blackbird Designs. Looking forward to following your progress on those charts. Those charm packs are going to make lovely project bags.