Wednesday, October 18, 2023

YOP #16 Year 13

The Covid shot didn't bother me at all...I was amazed!  But Sunday when I went to blog YOP .....I had it all done and all of a sudden the whole post disappeared.  I have no idea what happened but I was so disgusted, I was not going to start over.  It takes a long time to do posts.  So, I am here today to try again.

I've been well but very busy as I am getting ready to put my house on the market.  So, my posts may be spotty as I really  have lots to do and if you saw my house you would agree! LOL!  I have spent the last 3 days organizing and filing all my floss, and patterns. It is a great feeling and I had no idea it would take me that long but it's done now.

I am also working outside since it is just the perfect weather right now.  I have pruning, weeding, mulching, and transplanting that I have been working on.

I finished a small Halloween XS...............a cute little ghost.......he's a little big for an ornament so he will probably be made into a pillow.......

 I've been working on Grayson's wolf but didn't take a picture of it.  I did photograph Sally Spencer though............

I ordered the floss for my next 2 projects.......I will always have a small going and since the ghost is finished I picked up an old WIP to finish.........but after that I will start on Basket of Cherries.........

I will be starting my Halloween stitch for this year........this is a big one.......the floss is supposed to arrive today and I already have the material for both projects...........

From this point on there will no new starts until I finish a project and that will only be from patterns I already own.  I will allow myself to switch out a WIP I am working on for another WIP if I get tired of the one I am working on.  I still don't have my rotation down pat but I think weekends will be a long term project that will get worked on every weekend until done....probably Grayson's Wolf.  The other one I will be working on is Sally Spencer, The Quilted Witch, and Basket of Cherries once the flag one is done.

There is a huge project I will be starting on January 1st 2024....my New Year New Start and I will be working on it with a deadline of December 31st 2024.  It is Anniversaries of  the Heart by Blackbird Designs.  There are 12 pamphlets with 14 designs in all.  I will be working them all on one big piece of fabric.  Each design will incorporate names and dates of family members both here and deceased.  I've seen this done and it is a beautiful heirloom piece to pass down.  You can also attach notes and photos to the back of the frame for further information.  So, I will be spending the next few months collecting the patterns, floss, and material to stitch them on.  Here is the first pattern and the 2nd one should arrive today..........

I've got my Halloween decorations all up, my Halloween stitchery coming today and I have my Halloween book to read.....

From Amazon

"Edie Burchill and her mother have never been close, but when a long-lost letter arrives with the return address of Milderhurst Castle, Kent, Edie begins to suspect that her mother’s emotional distance masks an old secret.  

Evacuated from London as a 13-year-old girl, Edie’s mother was chosen by the mysterious Juniper Blythe and taken to live at Milderhurst Castle with the Blythe family.  

Fifty years later, as Edie chases the answers to her mother’s riddle, she too is drawn to Milderhurst Castle and the eccentric Blythe sisters. Old ladies now, the three still live together as the twins nurse Juniper, whose abandonment by her fiancé in 1941 plunged her into madness.  

Inside the decaying castle, Edie begins to unravel her mother’s past. But there are other secrets hidden in the stones of Milderhurst Castle, and Edie is about to learn more than she expected. The truth of what happened in the distant hours has been waiting a long time to be uncovered ..."

I've read several of Kate Morton's books and they are all excellent.....very long....usually about 600 or so pages but they are so good you fly through those pages......... 

 I've also been watching Disney's Halloween movies.....Goosebumps and The Haunted Mansion and more!

Now all I need are some Halloween Treats.....yum!!!

Happy Trails!!!


 


 




 
 


12 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Oh wow! I had no idea you were that close to putting your house up for sale. I pray it sells quickly so you can go back to Iowa to he with family. Your cross stitch pieces are all so sweet. The one you have planned for the new year sounds fabulous. A true heirloom.

Jeanna said...

Must be the season for selling LOL. My Mom has just put her house on the market. Well, it actually gets listed tomorrow. Good luck to you. Hope you have quick and smooth transaction. What do you plan to do after the sale? You have some nice cross stitch WIPs and I love your Halloween and New Year's starts.

Between Me and You said...

Glad to 'see' you. Good luck with your house sale. Are you downsizing? I admire your enthusiasm for decluttering.

Miss Merry said...

I really enjoy seeing your "works in progress". You have some special projects coming up, too!

Betsy said...

You're moving back home? Oh, I hope so. Keep us posted on the progress. I love all of your works in progress and the new ones too. I think your new project for 2024 is great. What a wonderful idea. I wish I had time to add another project into my days because I would be tempted with this one.
Blessings
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear you got your shots. I got the RSV vaccination today...so far no reaction. Thank you for the Halloween Card it is in the window...it is the only Halloween decoration so far!

Lin said...

Hope your house sells quickly, meanwhile enjoy all your projects when you can. xx

Lucy Bowen said...

How exciting to be a step closer to being with your family ❤ The anniversaries of the heart project sounds amazing and will be a true heirloom.

ceulanfibres said...

Lovely stitching and what great projects coming up. Enjoy your reading!

Maureen D said...

Oh goodness. I can't imagine the work to prepare a house to sell it. I know I have to do it someday. I'm not looking forward to clearing and preparing my father's house for sale one day. I do know I don't want to leave a mess for my kids to have to clean like my father is doing to my siblings and I.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m sure I commented on a post with the finished ghost on but I must be imagining it as I’ve looked back and don’t see it. All your plans sound exciting. Good luck with the house sale.

Juan Maria said...

I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

Thank you blog admin.