Thursday, October 12, 2023

Got my shots........

 Yesterday I went to get my flu shot and I wanted the Covid shot too but they weren't in yet so they called me today and said they got them in so I went down and got my Covid shot.  I'm pretty sure it will make me very tired as it has every other time.  I made sure I had groceries, clean clothes, and food made in case I'm out of commission the next 2 days!

I got my Halloween presents to me in the mail too.  My Halloween project this year is........

It's a big one by Lori Holt...........I need to get it kitted up so I can start on Halloween night.  Then I got this Spooky Delight box from Fat Quarter Shop.  This was part of a club but they had some extras so I bought one.........so glad I did as it is really cute.....

It included.......coupons for FQS,
 
a jelly roll of Halloween fabric...........

some black cat pins..........


some Halloween washi tape...........
a black cat needle minder...........very cute!
and of course the pattern to make the quilt or from the looks of it, a nice table runner

I got my Pumpkin Spice Chobani coffee creamer so all I need now is my creepy book to read and it is coming!  It is Distant Hills by Kate Morton.  I don't do horror but a little mystery and suspense never hurt a girl.

I think I saw, Buddy, the hummer.  I thought he had left but he was on the hanger again and he is the only one that sits up there.  The deer were out there this morning competing with the squirrels for the acorns.....


Here's a little humor...very little......
   


Happy Trails!!!



8 comments:

Betsy said...

I hope you're feeling well after getting your shots Sam. Dennis and I both got our flu shots today and my arm is really sore along with a dull headache this evening. I always have a reaction to immunizations and I'm truly hoping when I wake up tomorrow I'll feel better. Normally I run a low-grade fever too, but I tried to nip that in the bud by taking tylenol as soon as I got home. No covid shots for us right now as we've had four already and I get REALLY sick for days with those.
You got some really great treasures today. The cat needle minder is a favorite of mine but I also like the table runner. So cute! Love your grazing guests munching on the acorns.
I hope your Friday is a great one my friend. I plan on lots of cross-stitch as I have no place I have to go tomorrow.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Lin said...

Hope you are feeling OK? I am fortunate that jabs only give me a sore arm - no side effects. I had covid one week then flu and pneumonia the next so two weeks of sore arms but all back to normal now. I don't 'do' Halloween but your spooky box does look amazing - I love the little needle holder and the pins. Have fun and enjoy. xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Poor Mr. Jack! lol I read this one to hubby and we both had a laugh. Love your projects for the season. Hope you feel good today and have some fun!

Jeanna said...

Hope you are doing well after the shots. They are a necessary evil, I'm afraid. I almost got the The Quilted Witch cross stitch but I really need to clear out some charts I already have. I would LOVE to make the quilt though. I used to get the Sew Sampler boxes and have tons of notions and fabrics that I don't have enough storage for, so I've refrained from ordering the specialty boxes. Fat Quarter Shop does an excellent job with their boxes. You got some great photos of the deer.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you are not feeling too rotten. We are still not right after the Covid shot. I need to get the RSV shot this week. That is a good funny! You got lots of Halloween goodies in the mail!

Rain said...

The black cat pins are so neat! Hope you didn't get too sick after the Covid shot!

Between Me and You said...

Just popping in to say hope you're ok?I'm due covid,flu and pneumonia shots in November. Our government also want over-65's to have a shingles jab!

Juan Maria said...

I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

Thank you blog admin.