Friday, October 6, 2023

Lordy, Lordy I wish I was 40!!!

 Whoa Nellie!  It has taken me 2 days to hang a quilt on my wall and you won't believe how I did it.  I tried using 3M Command Strips and they stuck on the wall but not on the quilt.  It was on You Tube but she had a smaller quilt.  Mine is lap size.  I didn't want to use nails and pierce the quilt but one woman said you could nail it to the wall  using sewing machine needles which don't leave a big hole in your wall or your quilt.  I thought that was a great idea but you really need someone to help you hold it while you nail it in place.  I have no one so.....this is what I did....I used my Dad's old wooden pants hangers and hung them on nails I pounded in the wall....I knew I was holding on to them for a reason! LOL!  Not bad for an old lady!

 

It's a little wonky but I will get up there and adjust the pants hangers tomorrow.  I'm tuckered out from climbing up and down on the ladder and reaching and hammering and measuring and re-measuring....I definitely got my exercise the last 2 days!  Here is one of the pant hangers....there are 4 altogether..........

This was my first quilt that I ever made with lots of sampler blocks to learn different types of techniques.  I took a class for it.  I had it professionally quilted but that was the last time...it is very expensive!

I picked my zinnias the other day before the rains came..........these are from seeds my daughter gave me.  I love zinnias and all the different colors........

and just for the record..........

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Such a lovely, lovely quilt!!!
And now that you show that - that is how we hung quilts at our county fair when I was a fair superintendent! I had forgotten about that. I was always begging for those wooden pants hangers. The smaller, lighter weight quilts could be hung on the plastic ones. I think one year we had to resort to clothespins and a clothesline, too.
I am cleaning closets again. It is wearing. Up and and down the step ladder, lifting boxes. Sorting boxes, not throwing away enough, repacking boxes, Whew. exhausting.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You made it work! It looks great!

Betsy said...

That was a brilliant solution Sam! It looks really good and I love the autumn colors.
I need to go through some boxes that I've been putting off since the move. Now it will probably wait until after Christmas because I have other things to do. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Such a pretty quilt. An heirloom for sure. I used to make a fabric tube for the back of my quilts through which a piece of wooden dowelling could be passed then hung on hooks screwed into the wall. They were just small quilts but seemed to work all the same. Have a good weekend.

Karen's Korner said...

Where there is a will there is a way. I am sure that your ducks will line up for you soon.

Lin said...

Your quilt is lovely and what a brilliant way to hang it! Lovely. xx

Jeanna said...

Using the pants hangers is a very clever way to hang your quilt. The quilt, by they way, is very pretty. I can certainly relate to today's meme. Hope you have a great week!

Cousin Kay said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful!