Sunday, October 8, 2023

YOP #15 Year 13

 The heat is on this morning as it is 42 F outside but it will warm up to the 70's as the day goes on.  Perfect weather in my book!  This is my summer down here as it is too hot in the real summer to work outside but now is perfect.  So, I don't get a lot of crafting done as the outside needs taking care of before winter.

But I made some progress.  Unfortunately, I ran out of yarn on my Prism blanket so I've ordered more yarn but it is not here yet.  I could have sworn I had ordered 5 skeins and I've gone through 2 skeins so far but I could not find it anywhere!  My cross stitch small, or rather a medium size, ran out of floss so that is on order and should arrive this week....I was able to do some work on it though......

Sally Spencer is coming along and I really love working on her...........I am trying to set goals and timelines to finish some of my bigger projects and I have her set to finish in 21 days....we'll see....

Grayson's Wolf also got some love this past week.....I need to figure out a schedule for it too as it is a big one.....
  

I got some books from Thrift Books......I taught myself to XS so I thought maybe I would take this "course" and see if I can learn something....I've always found Reader's Digest Books to be very good....

then I got this one...........
and this one too..........

it has some pretty samplers I would like to stitch some day.......

I love this church...it reminds me of the church I attended as a child except mine was white and it is still there.........


 To wrap up this post, I would just like to say...........


Happy Trails!!!


11 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Such wonderful cross stitch books. You will, no doubt, find some lovely things to make too. Your little ghost xs is sweet. I really enjoy seeing you miniature xs take shape.

Miss Merry said...

Beautiful projects. It is frustrating when you run out of supplies! We used to have a fabric store and a craft store in our small town. Then Walmart came. And now Walmart got rid of 99% of their fabric and crafts so we have to drive out of town. It is easier just to order it online, but then I have to put together orders for shipping, or procrastinate and put the project away.

I am loving the wolf!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ha! Love that last quote! Your projects are coming along nicely!

Maureen D said...

Congrats on all your book purchases. I bought a bunch of knitting books are our library's sale but I don't think I've opened a single one of them. I pretty much only do online patterns. Enjoy your wonderful weather.

Between Me and You said...

I've got lots of knitting books and patterns that I need to get rid of. Just can't bear to part with them! What to do? Your projects all look great. Have a good week.

Lin said...

Those books look useful - full of 'one day' ideas. xx

Betsy said...

More cross-stitch books! What could be better? :-) Your projects are all coming along nicely. We have a Michaels right across the street from our new condo complex. I'm going to walk over there today because I'm running low on a couple of floss colors for the Christmas ornaments for the kids and grands. It's nice to just be able to walk over. There is also Lowes, Dollar Tree, Starbucks, several restaurants and other shops. It's so quiet here as we're in the back building with a big field behind us that supposedly can never be built on because it's got a natural creek. The best of both worlds!
We have pretty much the same weather here as you do. 39 last night and 70 today. Perfection in my book!
I hope you have a lovely day Sam. Come back to Iowa so we can hang out together. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Your cross stitch projects are coming along. And you found some real treasures in those XS books. Enjoy your fall weather and time outdoors!

Quazar said...

What a nice haul of books! That little ghost is adorable.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Ooh looks like you’ve found some great books for your collection. That wolf one is already looking amazing and I can tell already I’m going to love it and I’m sure they will too.

Deb said...

Wow that is a wealth of great books! I understand your challenge with
hanging items . I am altitude challenged and just bite the bullet and get a ladder. Gotta love a lady with a hammer!