Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Prettiest Fall ever!

 Every day is just beautiful with blue skies and a nice breeze and 70's...perfect!  I've been trying to take advantage of it because  it won't last forever.  I've finally got my plants planted; a rose bush, a lilac bush, a mum, and an azalea.  They all seem to be doing well.  I think they are thrilled to be out of the pots they were in all summer as it was too hot to go out and plant them.

 


I guess I forgot to take pictures of the lilac and the mum..oh well....

The colors are amazing this year.  We have a lot of oak trees here but even they are pretty this Fall......

This is a sassafras tree that always turns very pretty...........

We're not at peak yet but every morning when I look out there is more color....the flowers are doing really well since it's cooled off............



I've been trying to hire a handy man but there are none to be found down here!  As usual, I'll probably have to do it myself.  Yesterday I had the termite guy come for the annual inspection on the house and in the morning I spread 6 bags of mulch.  I thought I'd be sore today but I wasn't.  I've been cleaning and clearing.  I loaded a bunch into the Tahoe to take to the thrift store and I am cleaning the dining room hutch and buffet so I can sell it...along with the table.  There is a guy in Salem that buys stuff and turns around and sells it in his store so I'm hoping I can get rid of some of this furniture of my folks.  Taste wise we were as different as night and day.  Although, I'm sure their stuff is more valuable than mine! LOL!  I like old beat up antiques....rusty/crusty is my style.

That's what I've been up to and yesterday was garbage day and I had lots for those guys!

A little Halloween humor............


 

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Sounds like you are really digging in and getting your place ready to sell. I love cleaning out stuff and getting rid of it. Husband no so much lol. Oh well, he has other qualities that make him lovable lol.

Miss Merry said...

Boy, you are a busy girl!!! Don't overdo, take some down time, too. Your flowers and bushes and trees look wonderful. It was horribly hot this summer and they must be loving this cooler weather! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Betsy said...

As usual it sounds like you are very busy. We've had gorgeous weather too but today it's changing a bit. By the weekend it will be cold!
It's hard to find anyone to work here. Every store we go into has help wanted signs up. I don't know what happened to all of the workers.
Take care and be sure to rest too.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Check with your local lumber company, ours has a list of reputable handymen on their website. Worth a try!

Jeanna said...

Good luck finding a handy man. Sounds like you are getting a lot done yourself. The flowers are beautiful. Hope your fall weather lasts a long time.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Sounds like you’ve really been cracking on ready for a move. I hope you manage to find someone to help a bit.

Juan Maria said...

I am writting from italy, I was cured by Dr Jekawo a traditional herbal doctor whom has cured many diseases like hiv/aid,herpes,diabetes,parkinson,als,hepatitis,bring back ex, cancer. I was told by a friend of mine to contact Dr Jekawo and after i contacted him he then prepare a herbal medicines for me that cured my hepatitis and prostate cancer completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 15 days. I am so grateful right now and I feel like sharing this here so anyone can get heal by Dr Jekawo. his email contact details is : drjekawo@gmail.com he cure so many disease and they call him a great healer.

Thank you blog admin.