Monday, June 10, 2024

Craft weekend was a failure!!!

 I had a good week and got some more Swedish Death Cleaning done.  There was grocery shopping and some cooking but over the weekend I crashed....no energy, no motivation....I think sometimes I just run out of steam.  I did manage to crochet a little chicken trivet?  I wouldn't think it would make a good potholder but a trivet or coaster or candle mat?  It's cute and I love chickens..........

Mostly I vegged out the whole weekend.....I got some books from Thrift Books so I read and napped my way through the weekend...........yes, I'm thinking of Christmas already........

here's another one....both by Cheri Saffiote who is no longer with us........but her talent and patterns are still out there...........

I also got the first book in one of Ann Hazelwood's series of fictional quilt stories.....it's very good and I know I will be getting more of them.........you can even get the fan  pattern on her website for free........

I worked on my son Jim's XS but I will wait to take a picture once it's done with it's rotation.  Right now it is Day #3 of 5....I did work on March Anniversaries of the Heart.........my cousin Kay will be going on  this one since her birthday is in March.

I'm finally seeing the end in sight for my new will, beneficiary deeds, power of attorney and medical power of attorney/directive.  The deeds need to be notarized and then registered at the courthouse and that should do it.  I will finally have most of my ducks in a row.

I also got my hiking sticks from Amazon and adjusted them to my height.  I used them this morning on my first walk and got in over 2000 steps of 10,000 which you're supposed to do daily....yeah right! LOL!  But I will build up my stamina for more steps.  I used to walk 4 miles a day with my girls (dogs) but in 1 month I lost both my dogs.  I had no desire to walk those trails without them.  When I did start walking I fell twice because it is blacktop and gravel and where I walk is deserted old roads that are overgrown.  I saw some hiking sticks and thought that might prevent me from falling so that's what I am using now.  It felt good to get out there early in the morning before it heats up.   Wish me luck!      

I hope you all had a good weekend and I will hopefully catch up with all of you this week.

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you getting hiking sticks! Hope they work well for you. I did some swedish Death cleaning today...papers mostly...shredded and took all the shreds to recycling! Good for you getting all the legal stuff done. I have a huge three ring binder that I organized everything into...so it is all in the same spot! I hated paying that bill but the peace of mind is worth it!

Leftycrafter said...

Good job on the death cleaning. Getting all you final paperwork completed and filed is a hassle but well worth it. We did ours 2 years ago. Those hiking sticks sound like a fantastic idea.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sometimes we need that time to veg out, relax and refresh. Your chicken trivet is as cute as a button. I do love looking at my Cheri books too. Thank you so much for telling about Ann's book. I will have to put it on my list. Happy quilting. Hugs.

Lin said...

Sometimes you just need to take a break and a weekend of reading sounds very luxurious to me! Enjoy your walking - it is always good to be out in the fresh air and nature. xx

Betsy said...

It's never too early to start Christmas crafting. The time goes so fast when you're trying to get it all done.
I think your hiking sticks are a great idea and I'm glad you're out walking.
Good job on the will etc. too. We've had ours redone too since we moved back to Nebraska so we're all set. It should be very easy for the kids.
I hope you're all rested up for the rest of the week. Don't push yourself.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Cant a person just die?

Jeanna said...

You are always so busy. Sometimes we just need to stop and recharge. I hope the walking sticks help. I see people with them all the time.