Thursday, June 27, 2024

Medical Mystery solved!!!

 Sooooo, I went to the doc yesterday to get the results of my back x-rays and guess what?  I broke my back!  Remember back awhile ago when I was moving my mattress and headboard and I heard and felt a "crunch" in my back?  Well, I fractured my spine and he said I am probably a good inch shorter because of it.  

I think he said the pain that felt like a heart attack was really bone rubbing on bone or the disc or something...anyway, it hasn't happened again and he said he's glad I'm walking as that can only make my back stronger.  Meanwhile, he wants me to get a bone scan.  So, that's the story Morning Glory...I feel fine and  especially now that I know it isn't my heart.   I'm fully functioning and I feel very blessed!  He said I was tough and that is better than what some people say about me! LOL!

I got some treasures this week....Oh,  those books by Ann Hazelton that I am reading?  They're great and you don't have to be a quilter...they're just a great series.  I'm on  the 3rd book of this series and I just ordered the next 3.

I got some Tilda fabric in summertime blues........so pretty.........

Plus, my floss organizer arrived early.......

So, I've been working on it....it's really nice and will be much easier for me.........the dividers can be removed if necessary.....I'll just pull out the colors I need when I kit up a pattern......easy peasy!

I did get my cross stitch mojo back so I am working 2 threads a day on my rotation piece and 2 threads a day on Anniversaries of the Heart.....I'll show them later this week

I finally figured out the pattern for the Christmas blanket I want to make but the first block has mistakes and I will have to redo but I now have the knack of it with carrying yarn on the back and following the chart for the design.......the only problem is the bulky yarn makes it stiff like a board and it doesn't seem like it will make a very nice blanket....I'm using the called for everything and it was a paid for pattern.  The picture doesn't look stiff but mine is.  Could I be crocheting too tightly?  I am very disappointed since I paid for the pattern and the yarn but not sure  I want  to continue.


 
 

Happy Trails!!! 

P.S.  I will try and get a round to all of you SOON!!!  These appointments and tests wear me out! LOL!

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well you got decent explanation...hope the scans are okay! Yes I can imagine that the pattern is stiff...maybe use different yarn?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh my! I am so glad that you that you went to the doctor and got a diagnosis and that you are doing well and are moving about. Well you certainly did need a great haul this week and what lovely fabric that you added to your stash. Great start on the afghan too. Have a wonderful weekend.

Leftycrafter said...

Ouch. A broken back! I am glad you got some answers. Your walking is a very good thing. And you didn't need a Dr to tell you to do it either! Thanks for the recommendation of an author to add to my reading list. I am reading some Karen Kingsbury books at the moment. I keep looking at my cross stitch projects and want to get back to them. Just seems like everytime I pull one out, I get pulled away from it by someone needing me to do something for them.

Miss Merry said...

Holy Moly Lady! Only you could break your back and keep on ticking! I am glad it has been figured out and that the doctor is not too concerned. Good idea on the bone scan. And so grateful it wasn't a heart attack.

Love the new treasures.

Lin said...

Good to have the mystery solved and so glad it is not your heart but frightening still. You will need to cosset your back now - no more mattress moving! I should try your crochet with a larger hook to loosen up the tension. Lovely Tilda. xx

Susan said...

Sorry I cant help with the crochet issue - but good news that you have a diagnosis for your pain. take it easy!