Tuesday, June 4, 2024

The bedroom is finally done!!!

 What has it taken me...3 weeks?  But I'm not complaining...I feel blessed to be able to do it even if I'm slow as snail do-do! LOL!  I forgot to get pictures of my lilac and my Japanese Irises when they were blooming but I have some other flowering plants to show you...my Asiatic Lilies..........

the geraniums that I wintered in the house are doing well........

Last Fall they had a sale on some plants so I bought a proven Winner rose and it is!!!!  I has grown big and blooms continually even into November last year.  I'll be looking for more of those!

I also bought an azalea but it almost died and is just now starting to come back.  I bought an ever blooming lilac that is supposed to bloom all summer!  I love lilacs so I snapped that one up!  It had buds this Spring but it got "frosted" and is just now starting to bloom again.........

I just finished my 5 day rotation on the Bluebird cross stitch from Susan Branch.....so pretty! It will be awhile before I get back to it but it will get finished eventually!  When I finish it I am going to send the pattern to Melisa as I know she loves the vintage bluebirds and that is what this one reminds me of...........

I'm off to cook up some rutabaga...supper will be fish fillets, sweet potato and rutabaga....I worked up an appetite today!  Not sure what's next on the cleaning list or the rotation...I'll let you know...

Here' s a little humor for you............

Happy Trails!!!

 

9 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Congratulations on a completed room! I am all over the place as usual. I am reorganizing the living room and cleaning bookshelves - well that is about 70-80% complete as long as books don't trickle back. Then my guest room. . . Will I get that together this summer? Our room could take a day to finish if I would spend a day and my utility room needs a concentrated effort.
Meanwhile!
GORGEOUS FLOWERS~ And I LOVE the bluebird!!!

Leftycrafter said...

Doesn't it grand to complete one room? Congrats on that! That blue bird is really pretty. You have some gorgeous flowers blooming around your homestead.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for getting a room done! I have not heard of a Lilac that blooms all Summer but I sure hope yours does!

Betsy said...

Ooh, a lilac that blooms all summer? I would have loved one of those when we had a house. That is a fragrance that cannot be beat, in my humble opinion of course.
Congrats on getting a room completed. I'm sure that feels wonderful. I need to start on another round of decluttering. How can things add up when we've only been here a year?
That bluebird is really a cutie. You get so much done in a day.
Blessings,
Betsy

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo on getting your bedroom complete! Doesn't it feel so good when you have a room just like you want it? Your flowers are so beautiful and the look like they are doing great. I have never wintered geraniums. I am going to try that. Aaah your Susan Branch Bluebird is adorable. I just love it!!Oh yes, I love bluebirds! They are a joy to watch out on the farm. Yum rutabaga sounds delicious.Have a great evening. We are expecting rain tomorrow so it will be a good day to stay home and stitch. Hugs.

Susan said...

Well done on your completed room...and your cross stitch progress.
I had to google rutabaga...we call them swedes....every day is a learning day

Cousin Kay said...

Lovely bluebird!

Becki said...

That is the cutest little bluebird. And now I have an itch to go work on the bedroom. 😉 My closet actually needs some attention again.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful flowers. Love the bluebird, its so pretty.