Monday, July 4, 2022

Sorry to say.............

 

 After what has happened in our country recently especially with the (not so) Supreme Court.....I can't in all graces celebrate freedom when so many freedoms have been taken away with more to come.

I remember when I read The Handmaids Tale and told you all how I thought the world was bad enough without making up stuff like that...well.  I take it all back because it is closer to the truth than I like to think.  At my age, there's little hope that our country will improve with the radical right on one hand and the weak democrats on the other.  

Here's one of my favorite songs and it seems to be all I have to look forward  to anymore........... I am so disappointed in my country and what my children and grandchildren are inheriting...........

The name of this song is When My Morning Comes Around...it was written by Iris Dement.  You'll have to copy and paste as I don't know how to get it to show up here. 

https://youtu.be/JcQCCobSKHc

 
 

These photos are compliments of October Farm who is a woman after my own heart....

Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Agree, and I am feaful that if some people are not willing to accept the results of a fair election, our country is in really big trouble.

Becki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rain said...

All I can say Sam is here here. Insanity. Why do a bunch of old men in suits get to decide what I do with my own body? Next they'll revive the witch hunts.
Girl Power ♥♥♥

Becki said...

Just to let you know, Sam, I deleted my comment above because while I believe every word I wrote, and I hope you had a chance to read it, I broke my personal rule to not let provocative posts provoke me, and I came back to rectify it. If you didn't read it and want to, just email me (through my blog's profile), and I'll be happy to share it with you. Otherwise, carry on, friend.

Miss Merry said...

I agree completely. Women no longer have control over their own bodies. My state is requiring a 10 year old incest victim to carry a baby to term over objections of pediatricians. Her life doesn't matter. I never thought this would be the world I leave my granddaughters. Our state legislature also passed a bill to require female (not male) high school athletes have their genitals examined if ANY one disputes they are actually female. My representative says they are removing that clause, but it has been 30 days and it is still in the bill. Guns have more rights than my daughters and granddaughters.