Sunday, July 10, 2022

YOP Week #2 Year 12

 Here's my list of "aspirations" for this coming year.  There are many areas and I will list what I am currently working on and the next project in that category whether it be a new project or a WIP.  I don't want to go farther than that at this point, but once I finish a project I can then add another new or  old project to the list for that category.

1.  Knitting - Current - Sam's tie...(WIP) I  have reached the 31 inches required and now I will start the decreases for around the neck and then more knitting until it reaches 58 inches.  I would not recommend this project as it is really boring! LOL!

Next - finish Multnomah shawl....really! (WIP)

2.  Crochet - Current - ghost doily for my daughter's birthday on the 21st (WIP)

Next -  Giant Granny Square blanket (WIP)

3.  Quilting - Current - Christmas Quilt (WIP)  I need to get a free motion quilting foot...they are $60!!!

I may just   quilt it with my walking foot for now...?

Next - quilt for my bed (WIP)

4.  Sewing - Current - Project bag(s)

Next - Hexies (WIP)

5. Wool Applique - Folk Art Quilt (WIP)

Next - Snowman applique picture(WIP)

6.  Wool Rug Hooking - Current - Running Dog (WIP)

Next - haven't decided yet

7.  Punch Needle - Current - Halloween Dance (WIP) 

Next  - haven't decided yet

8.  Embroidery - Current - Pins (WIP)

Next - Make It Do

9.  Ornaments - Current - need to kit up Halloween and Christmas ornaments (annual collectible) 

Next - 

10.  Crafts - Current - Mexican Trays (WIP)

Next - lip balm

11.  Cross Stitch - Current - large Summer XS, Star XS, Sabbath XS, Birthday, Halloween, smalls (need to kit up), Sampler (need to kit up)

Next - final finishing

12. Painting  - Current - Diamond painting (WIP)

Next - paint by number

13.  Charitable giving - Current - preemie hats

Next - Mother Bear Project maybe

14.  Techniques - Current - color work

Next  - continental knitting

I think that about does it....I hope!

I will update you each week on what I have worked on and if I introduce a new project or change something.  I'm hoping I can view my progress and my projects better this way.

Last week my goals were:

Crochet - working on border on Giant Granny Square (I've done 4 rounds out of 11 I think), and ghost doily if yarn arrives - The yarn for the ghost doily arrived so I worked on that as it is a present.  I did not work on the Giant Granny

the other one I made into a doily but it needs to be blocked.........

Knitting - Sam's tie - I did work on this and got the 31 inches done,  Now I start the decreases and then knit until 51 inches total 

Cross Stitch - Summer XS and kit up the 2 patriotic smalls, finish a star on stars XS, and work on BIG Summer full coverage

I finished the Summer XS, I finished a star on the Star XS and started another .I'd like to get some charms or buttons to put on the Summer XS pillow.

I finished the 4th star on the right and started the 3rd star in the 2nd row.....10 more stars to go.  I got my floss in  that I needed so nothing should stop me now!
I did not kit up the 2 patriotic smalls but I did work a little on the BIG Summer XS.  I actually worked on it more than it looks like because twice I had to pull out stitches and start again.

I'm doing the little starfish in the top left corner......

 


I got some treasures in the mail this week in addition to the yarn for the ghost doily.............. 

I reserved this book quite a while ago and it includes not only 32 quilts but her method of keeping her scraps organized...........

It also came with this quilt pattern.............

That's all for this week.....my goals for next week are hopefully, to finish Sam's tie and the ghost doily.  Finish another star on the Star XS, final finish Summer, and kit up the 2 patriotic smalls.  I also want to put some work into the BIG Summer XS.  Anything more than that will be frosting on the cake!

Happy Trails!!!



11 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I like how you set up your lists. What a great way to keep track of what you are doing and what is up next. Sounds like the tie is going to be done ASAP. Your xstitch is coming along so well.

ceulanfibres said...

Ooh I love crafty mail! That looks like a very interesting book, I’m always up for hearing about how people organise their stash and craft spaces!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I love your list and how many different crafts are included. You’ve made some great progress this week and I hope the tie crosses the final line this week. I do wonder how small is a fabric scrap when it’s too small to keep? Do you have a general rule. Maybe one day I will make a quilt or more likely cushion with scraps.

Miss Merry said...

I really enjoy looking at all your projects!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, Looks like quite a list! Stay cool!

Betsy said...

That is a huge list! Good for you being so organized. I'm still working on the Modern Rectangle Granny Blanket. I have about 12 more rows and then the border. It's now taking a 16 ounce skein of yarn every 2 rows! That's a LOT of yarn. But I want it to hang down the sides a bit on a queen size bed.
I would like to finish it before we go on vacation but it's taking about 2 hours for each round now! And I'm a fairly fast crocheter!
I just got 3 new embroidery kits from Amazon this week but I'm making myself NOT do anything with them until I finish this blanket or we're in the truck driving, whichever comes first.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I too like your approach of "current and next" especially since you do SO MANY crafts. I could never keep track without a list to remind me what's already on my plate!! How do you keep so many crafts organized? Do you have a craft room?

Alissa said...

Lots of fabulous projects lined up. You will have a productive year!

Cinna Knits said...

I love the scope of your project list! I love the idea of Current and Next! I might try that for crafts that I do infrequently (embroidery, sewing, other miscellaneous creations).

I know I gushed about the ghost doily last week. But, golly! Its making me want to crochet a doily! This one doesn't look lovely complicated- which appeals to me.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hope you are making progress on all your projects. i don't know how you manage so much. I just muddle through each day and projects only happen when and if the mood strikes. Wish I were more organized.

Between Me and You said...

Suddenly noticed you're MIA! Hope all is well with you, Sandra? x