Sunday, July 3, 2022

YOP Week #1 Year 12

 This isn't going to be as long as my  usual annual plans as no one has that kind of time!  Not even me! LOL!

I have so many interests that I am lucky to be able to touch them all in a year.  There are going to be lots of WIPs that will hopefully get worked on and finished but you've seen most of those at one time or another so I won't bore you.  This post will mostly be pictures of some new projects for this year.  Next week I will actually post a written list and timeline of all my projects that I hope to work on and eventually finish.

 Meanwhile let's get on with it!  A few books I'll be making projects out of.  I particularly like that cover crochet pillow...............

This book has lots of different crafts but also lots of finishing ideas............ 

This is a book I've had for awhile but haven't utilized....crazy,  because I love all the projects in it!

I bought a few cross stitch patterns I'd like to stitch this year.........one especially might take more than a year as it is BIG and full coverage.  I  may not live long enough to finish it but I will enjoy the journey!  This is Summer and there are the 3 other seasons too

This one is XS and felted wool applique combined...........love it............

These are patriotic smalls.....I always like to work on items for the season I'm in....these should be quick.....

This one I had on my "wish list" and it went on sale so I had to get it............coming from the midwest it is very appropriate...........

I played yarn chicken and lost.................

This was a gift for my daughter for her birthday the end of July...she loves everything Halloween.....

This is what it is supposed to look like when done...IF you don't run out of  yarn..............

I ordered more yarn but it won't be the same as this yarn which I have no idea where it came from......so I will  just leave this as is and start over with the new yarn when it arrives.   The pattern is on Ravelry

I also pulled out a WIP from last Summer..........

As for what my goals are in the different areas (except gifts when they pop up)......

This week:

Crochet - working on border on Giant Granny Square (I've done 4 rounds out of 11 I think), and ghost doily if yarn arrives

Knitting - Sam's tie

Cross Stitch - Summer XS and kit up the 2 patriotic smalls, finish a star on stars XS, and work on BIG Summer full coverage

That should do it but like I said, there will be a more complete written list next week and timelines plus final finishes that can be expected.

Happy YOP 2022-2023!  Happy 4th of July to those in the U.S.!......and

Happy Trails!!!





13 comments:

Maureen D said...

LOVE your seasonal sampler cross stitches. Funny that you have a "knee high" cross stitch. My son just asked me the other week if the growing season was ahead because the corn was already "knee high". Best wishes on your crafting year.

Leftycrafter said...

Oh, the Knee High saying was taught to me as a small child. All my relatives (and myself) are from Iowa. My mom and dad both were raised on farms there, so this really brings back some lovely memories. You always have such great projects going on. I love to see all your cross stitch progress each week. It inspires me to pull mine out and give it a few rows.

Betsy said...

What great projects you have planned Sam. I love them all. I have a wall space for some kind of needlework. I'm thinking an embroidery project of some sort. That little ghost doily is very cute. I know your daughter will enjoy that.
Knee high is true this year. Everything is growing very well here in Nebraska. Have a great 4th of July Sam!
Blessings,
Betsy

Lucy Bowen said...

They look like some great books you have dug out to work from. I love your cross stitch progress and use your posts to spur me on with mine!

ceulanfibres said...

It looks like you have some great projects planned for this year, I really like that summer sampler. It’s nice to have larger projects to quietly work away at. At least, that’s what I tell myself when I see how many WIPs I have! Happy crafting!

HighlandHeffalump said...

What a fabulous selection of items. I like the idea of the felted pieces with the cross stitch so that I look forward to seeing more of…as I do all these items. The only “knee high” saying I know is when you are describing something tiny and say it was knee high to a grasshopper, but I suspect yours means something else. I hope we both get our long term WIPs finished but we both get distracted 🐿

Miss Merry said...

Those ghosts are just adorable!!! We say "knee high by the Fourth of July" but our corn is usually much taller. This year we are just hitting knee height and we need rain desperately. I just drove through Indiana where the corn was ankle high and they had those large crab like waters out in the fields.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So many cute cross stitch patterns!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You picked some cute things! I am not so sure I like making a list...it might be very long! Happy 4th Sam!

Alissa said...

I look forward to following along with your makes this year, Sam!!

Cinna Knits said...

That ghost doily makes me want to crochet a doily!
I always love your cross stitch! I look forward to seeing them come to life.

Anonymous said...

The samplers are great. I first heard “knee high by July” when we moved to NC. Now I see reference to it everywhere! Cant wait to see all your finished projects this year! Jen @Carolina Tales

Laura said...

I have the same crochet book as you. The projects are wonderful. I’m looking forward to seeing what you make. The Barbara Anna cross stitch and felt pattern is glorious. I have added it to my wish list.