Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Another busy day!

 I had my doctor appointment this morning so on my way out of town I filled up my tank.   Dr. Arnold told me that the colon test that medicare sent me is not the best and they have a lot of false positives so he wants me to take the Colo-guard one that they advertise on T.V.  He said it is much more through and actually checks for genetics that could indicate a propensity for colon cancer.  As for a colonoscopy....it is risky since I have weak spots in my colon evidenced by the diverticulitis but it is not out of the question.  He also said they have a good GI doctor at the hospital that could take a look at my colo-guard results and determine whether I need a colonoscopy.   I'm pretty sure it's in the cards but whatever.  I'm not concerned...I know the risks, I know the possibilities and I know I could end up with a colostomy bag if push comes to shove.  Dr. Arnold is a great doctor; he's smart, honest, and extremely good at explaining things.  As long as I know the worst that could happen I'm okay with it.  God will see me through whatever is in my future no matter what....that I know!

On the way home I stopped and early voted.  There were some sign carriers but they stayed back and waved...I did not wave back.  On a good note....I asked the doc if I could expand my diet a bit as I wanted to make some black bottom cupcakes and he said that would be fine.  He said I could even have cheese cake if I wanted to!  Guess what will be dessert for Thanksgiving!!!  Oh baby, oh baby!  

The colors are peak or over the peak....but some are still green.  This has been the prettiest Fall in the last 18 years I've been here.....just gorgeous color-wise and weather-wise. 



 I got almost all my mulch laid down.....I'll need more.......

And........when I got home I made those black bottom cupcakes!!!  Delish!!!  No frosting but cream cheese filled.....the recipe is on All Recipes if you want it.  I made these when my kids were little....I'll make them for the grands when they come too.......

I've been doing some Halloween and Fall cross stitching and I have a special one picked out for Halloween night.  

I hope you are doing well and enjoying this special time of year!

Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Gosh, you have been so faithful on your liquid diet. The Dr must be in shock. Most patients do not adhere to Dr orders as well as you have done. Those cupcakes look very yummy. Fall has finally arrived here with the temps in the low 50sbat night and low 80s in the day. Love it. You have such gorgeous foliage around you. How blessed to see all those leaves change color.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The cupcakes look great! I took the Cologuard test...I am not sure a colonoscopy is right for everyone. They punched a hole in my Mom's intestine and had to resection her...I think too much of that happens. Take it easy on the new foods! :)

Between Me and You said...

Snap! I had my annual (postponed since first lockdown, so not so-annual!) appointment with the gastro consultant too, this week and he's totally on the ball with my concerns. I am ultimately worried about bowel cancer but he says it's the people who don't address their symptoms early enough that miss out on the pre-cancer care. He also wants to bring the endoscopy forward. I'm not due another one until 2025. Whatever keeps me above ground, I'll take! It's interesting that your doc didn't enquire about your liquid diet.

Jeanna said...

My doctor just recommended the Colo-guard test for me. I thought she was ordering it for me but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll follow up.
Those black-bottom cupcakes look delish...on my way to All Recipes to find it. Can't wait to see what you plan to stitch for Halloween night.

Betsy said...

I think I like your doctor! He sounds very proactive and willing to let you try less invasive things first but with the knowledge that things may have to progress further if needed. I'm glad you have him.
I've made either those same or very similar cupcakes in the past and you're right, delciious! I'm glad you get to expand your diet a bit.
Fall here has been lovely too. We've enjoyed sleeping with the windows opend for a month now. Some nights it's down to freezing so they're barely open, but it's so nice for fresh air.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Cousin Kay said...

Glad you've got a good doctor. Yummy cupcakes!