Sunday, October 16, 2022

YOP Week #16 Year 12

 I haven't posted to YOP in several weeks simply because I had nothing much to post.  I have been painting outside and getting yard work done.  I still make a granny square every evening.  One of these days I need to lay them out and see how many more I need.  I want to either make a table runner or a mantle scarf for the fireplace.

I did finish the Halloween ornaments for the grands.......



Here's the back..........

I'm still working on mine...almost done just the orange border left and I should have a Fully Finished Object (FFO) by next week.  These ornaments are from Prairie Schooler book #148 When Witches Go Riding

 I did manage to get my Christmas Shopping done (all online) although there are things to make.  I will hopefully have some of that to show next week.  I finished painting one set of steps outside my porch but the other set outside the laundry room will probably not get done as we are expecting our first freeze Monday night!  That seems awfully early for down here although it will still be in the 70's during the day.  I may be able to get more painting done....we'll see.  I still have the 10 bags of mulch to spread and weeding to do. 

I'm still on a sort of liquid diet but I feel great and have lots of energy.  It makes me wonder how long I was sick before I realized it.  The only issue is my colon test came back abnormal.....it's always something!  But cataract surgery is next in November so I need to get things done for the grands are coming on Thanksgiving.  I made split pea and ham soup yesterday but I have to puree it.....nope!  It was terrible so I will be going back to my cream of potato soup.  I've lost 2 more pounds....22 lbs total.  A liquid diet is the way to go if you want to lose weight! LOL! 

It finally stormed last night so RED FLAG warnings are done for now.  It's supposed to be nice this coming week so I will be cleaning, painting, spreading mulch and decorating more for Halloween!  Stay tuned!

I hope you all had a great week and are enjoying whatever season you are in!

Happy Trails!!! 


10 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm so glad you are feeling good right now and, of course, you are keeping busy! I love the ornaments - your cross stitch is lovely as always. I hope you have a good week and take care of yourself.

Cousin Kay said...

The Halloween ornaments are adorable!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure is hard to change your diet but sounds like you are doing great. I love your sweet cross stitch projects for Fall!

MaureenHD said...

So glad you are feeling much better. I agree getting the pounds off makes a huge difference. Sadly one can't go back to eating "normal" or the pounds come right back on. Hope the colon turns out to be nothing too significant. Your Halloween ornaments are so cute. Best wishes as you finish your gardening for the year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

22 pounds that is wonderful, I am so glad you have more energy! Your Halloween Ornaments are really cute!

Miss Merry said...

I love the ornaments! Is your doctor okay with the weight loss? We want to keep you feeling well!

Betsy said...

Your Grands are going to love their new ornaments. Great Job! You're sure getting a LOT done around there. We're supposed to be 20F tonight and only 44F tomorrow. Warming up by the end of the week.
I'm sorry that you can't have the food you so love this fall. I read your comment on Connies post about the roast. It would be so hard to eat only liquids, but whoo-hoo on the weight loss! Good for you!
I hope your Monday is a wonderful one!
Blessings!
Betsy

Jeanna said...

The halloween ornaments are so cute. I love Prairie Schooler charts. Sure hope you can start transitioning to a more solid food diet soon. Although, it sounds like you are doing fine without it...getting a lot done.

Leftycrafter said...

Those ornaments are very cute. Your grands will have be thankful for those ornaments when they grow up and leave home. They will have enough to decorate with each season. I hope your abnormal colon test is nothing serious. Prayers continue for you. How many granny squares have you made? How exciting to see them laid out.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I really love all the little ornaments you make and hope the grands treasure them and keep them safe. You sound like you are keeping very busy and well done for being so organised for Christmas. A great idea given your eye surgery coming up. I just asked my husband if I can have my wedding and engagement rings made bigger so they fit my fingers again, I don’t think I could manage on a liquid diet but you sound like you have bundles of energy on it so that’s great. Liz