Thursday, October 13, 2022

How did I ever manage to work a full-time job?

 I am having the best time during the best time of the year.  Another busy week but enjoyable.  I got my flu shot Monday and then went to Mountain Home to Lowes.  I bought 10 bags of Scott's Naturescape mulch in Sierrra Red as it is my favorite and they  were the only ones to carry it.  I also found my vintage green spray paint, some pumpkin lights, and a couple small mums to fill in some blank spaces in the horse trough.  Tuesday I planted the mums and did some more painting.  I also made more soup.  Yesterday I fully finished the Annual Halloween ornaments for the grands and it rained which was truly needed. I also did some cleaning and decorating for Halloween.


 Today, I  worked on my Halloween ornament while I watched the last episode of the January 6th Hearing. I was going to paint but it is extremely windy out and despite the rain yesterday we have Red Flag warnings for fire danger.  It's supposed to rain again on Saturday...I pray!  This afternoon I blocked the ghost doily I made for my daughter........   I probably should have starched it....


A few animal friends stopped by............a juvenile woodpecker.....Miss Peeps was entranced by him....

The groundhog is becoming a regular every afternoon for some acorns......

I hope you are enjoying life where ever you are!

Happy Trails!!!



4 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm so glad that you are able to get so much done. That doily turned out great! we had rain yesterday too and yet we're also in a Red Flag warning because of the high winds.
Have a lovely Friday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

I often wonder how I worked full time and took care of home and family too. Being retired does not mean we slow down. It means we finally catch up on all those little things we put off for the 40 Yeats we worked.

Miss Merry said...

I say this all the time! How was I up, dressed, hair done, make up, lunch packed, dinner in the crock pot, ice scrapped off the windshield and out the door by 7:30. And then come home at 5:30 to a full day of housework. Now I am home all day and it takes me all day and I am always playing catch up. It sounds like you feel so much better!!!!

Jeanna said...

That ghost doily is adorable! Does it take long to make?