Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Terrific Tuesday!!!

 Every time I hear the word "terrific" I think of Tom Terrific from back in the day.  I can't even remember if it was a cartoon or a comic strip. There wasn't much on T.V. when I was young.  Anyway, I had a productive day of cleaning and organizing.  I am getting rid of stuff and some just goes to the basement while other things go to the car to be dropped off at the thrift store.  Nothing photo worthy but it sure feels good and looks good....to me at least.

I did receive my first Flower Letters letter.......I'll read it tonight when I go to bed..........

I also signed up for an embroidery sampler subscription book.  I have embroidery to do and realized I have forgotten how to do even the simplest of stitches.  The Sew 'n Sews, Nancy and Kathy are doing it and they said it is really good and they are learning a lot.  When you're done you have a book filled with all your stitches that you've learned through videos.  Here's a link  to the site if you're interested.  They have lots of other things on their site too.

Well, the day is done for me and time for pj's and supper and handwork and reading my Flower Letter plus watch a few podcasts!
 Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Jan said...

I remember watching Tom Terrific on the Captain Kangaroo TV show!

Miss Merry said...

I have an old children's book from my mother where the girls are stitching books of different stitches. There was some tomfoolery with switching pages to win a prize. I always wanted to make one of those books. Please show us your progress!

Grammy Braxton said...

Tom! Terr-i-fic! Captain Kangaroo was a favorite of mine. Watched him every morning.

Betsy said...

How did I never hear of Tom Terrific? I just received my Herrschners catalog in the mail yesterday. There was a lot of embroidery in it this time along with diamond painting. I'm tempted to make some pillowcase but we really don't need any. I'm trying very hard not to add things to the apartment that we don't LOVE or need. After getting rid of so much, it's hard to not start collecting again.
Have a wonderful Wednesday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

You had a very productive day, Tuesday. I can't wait to hear about the letter and see your embroidery.

Susan said...

Cleaning and organising are part & parcel of quilty life - not the fun part though.

Seems you will have plenty of learning ahead of you.