Thursday, March 2, 2023

Lots to talk about......

 First of all, please say a prayer for my daughter who is having some health issues and we're hoping it turns out to be nothing but she has to go to GI doctor to see.  I'll keep you informed.

Other than that the grands are doing fantastic!  I'm not usually one to brag but this time I have to....no credit to me....they deserve the credit.  Sam is a freshman in high school and is doing great.  He is very smart and is on the academic decathalon team and now they are going to the state competition!  It is grueling, in my opinion, but he loves it.  It is tests and essays, and speaking.  I always had test anxiety but Sam loves it!  Better him than me.  It's this coming weekend in Urbandale, a suburb of Desmoines. I'm sending many positive thoughts with him and his team.  

As for the other grand, Grayson.  He won first place in the Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby!  He also graduated from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.  They had a celebration dinner and the boys had to shop and cook the dinner.  They made walking tacos.......

He's cooking with his good friend, Caleb.............

As for here, I have been doing some serious cleaning and de-cluttering.  I also decorated for St. Patrick's Day.  I don't have too many decorations for it but I managed...........oh, I forgot my Irish cow and trinket dish plus my Irish cottage from Ireland.....I'll post that another day.  I did have a Belleek dish that my Computer Science professor and his wife gave me  when I graduated but Miss Peeps broke it.....

Since I didn't have too many Irish decorations, I threw in some Spring birds.......lol!

It's been raining this afternoon but per usual, the real storms won't show up until after dark.  There are wind warnings, flood warnings and tornado warnings but they are west and south of here and I hope they stay there!  I always pray no one gets hurt and no damage to homes.  So many here have no insurance.  I hope you are safe and comfortable where you are!

Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Prayers for Amy. You have every reason to be a super proud Grandma. The boys are certainly excelling at all they do. I use to decorate for each 'holiday' when we lived in PA. Since moving back to AZ I just decorate for Christmas. Guess I got lazy LOL. Your decorations are adorable. I need to get back to the decluttering. You inspire me to get moving on that.

Miss Merry said...

Prayers that the testing turns out okay for your daughter.

Those grandsons are pretty special! Academic Team sounds pretty hard to me. How wonderful he thrives on learning and knowledge! And a boy scout that cooks, too good to be true, lol.

Betsy said...

Hi Sam! You know I will definitely be praying for Amy. I just added her name to my special prayer list so I won't forget. My brain sure isn't what it used to be at remembering things.
Your grandsons sound like they are such special boys. I always love hearing about their messages to you. You can tell they sure love you lots. I can't imagine being on the academic decathalon team. I'm with you, I get so nervous at tests. I always did well, but almost made myself sick with worry beforehand.
I love the pinewood derby. Our middle son, Jamie, was in cub & boy scounts and took part in the derby every year. It was so fun to see all of the cars that the boys worked so hard on. The walking tacos sound really good and fun too!
I hope you'll be safe throughout the night with the storms. I'll be praying for you too. Oh, and your decorations are so cute. One of the things I like about living here is being able to decorate our doors for the holidays. It's so much fun to walk through all of the floors seeing the how the imaginations of the people who live here inspire them in their decorations.
Take care my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my prayers for your Amy I hope it is nothing serious. You have ever right to be so proud of those Grand boys!! Hope you escape the storms!

Jeanna said...

Sending prayers that your daughter gets good news from the GI and SOON! Congratulations to both grandsons. My son is an Eagle scout, I know how hard those boys work to advance. Hope the storms weren't too bad. We are under wind advisory here today.