Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Grocery Shopping day.......

 Yesterday there were all the Monday chores to do plus a menu, grocery list and grocery order.  I didn't need a lot but more storms are coming starting tomorrow so I thought I should get ahead of the game or rather ahead of the storm.

I'm not sure if I told you but the doc has given me the go ahead to eat practically anything I want except nuts, seeds, and skins.  So, I made some pasta and garlic bread with the pasta sauce that has no seeds or skins in it.  I got it on Amazon.  Today for lunch I made a sandwich with lettuce.  I will be trying things one at a time just to be on the safe side.  I picked up my groceries but decided to go in to the store as I needed more paint and paint supplies.  It was taking me forever to paint the shelves of the bookcase with a brush.  I saw one of my pod casters using a small roller to paint shelves!  So, I got myself a kit..........hopefully, this will make it easier and faster......

They did not have my paint.....their paint department is practically non-existent now....so I will order it online........I did happen to pass by the fabric department and oh-la-la......they have Pioneer Woman fabric and Waverly fabric.  Pioneer Woman is half the price of regular quilting fabric and Waverly is half the price of Pioneer Woman!  They had so much to chose from and it is all pre-packaged in yards, fat quarters, and charm  packs.  So, this is what I got for some project bags and linings.........


Aren't they darling?  I see some curtains in my future with those fabrics!  

I have a few more things on my list before I can call it a day.  I need to run up to the pharmacy, do some de-cluttering and slap some more paint on those shelves!

I hope your week is off to a great start....yesterday was 73 here and today is the same....gorgeous!

Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

That little paint roller will be a huge help. Your shelves will be done in no time with it. I did errands today because we are looking for rain tomorrow too. It will be a hood day to hunker down. Love the fabrics you picked up. Pioneer Woma has such uplifting prints.

Jeanna said...

I hope the storms are a non-event. You picked up some lovely fabrics. I had no idea Pioneer Woman even had fabric.

Cousin Kay said...

Great news on your diet!

Miss Merry said...

Stay safe in the storm!!!

Betsy said...

I sure hope the storms weren't as bad as predicted. We've had nice calm weather with snow north of us and rain storms south of us although we had a fun thunderstorm a few nights ago. I do love a good thunderstorm as long as no tornadoes are involved. :-)
You found. some great things. I love Pioneer Woman prints and have a few of her kitchen items. They are so cheery and happy.
Great news on your diet and being able to eat more. That has to be so nice, not to be so restricted.
Have a great Wednesday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty fabric!!