Thursday, February 16, 2023

Rough night....

 The weather radio woke me up every 30 minutes with tornado watchs and severe thunderstorm warnings but then there was a tornado warning and that's when I headed to the basement.  I was down there for 1 1/2 hours.  I took a book with me and I have a headlamp but we never lost power and the tornado never materialized.  But by the time it was just a regular thunderstorm and all the warnings had expired it was 4:30 so I made coffee, journaled and then decided to try and get some more sleep.  I must have been tired because the coffee didn't keep me awake!  I slept until about 6:30.  I haven't heard of any tornados having touched down so that's good.  

I got some treasures yesterday.....my new glue  pen with refill for my hexies........

and some Lori Holt fabric........

I also got an email saying my BOM is on it's way!  So exciting!!!  I probably won't get it until Monday although Texas is fairly close so it could show up on Saturday?  A girl can hope!

I got a late start today but I managed to get my sewing machine cleaned....I was going to oil it but the newer machines don't require that...who knew?  I took it all apart and was able to get it all back together. I also caught up with my ironing...yes, I still iron.  I've never minded it and I like things ironed but it is time consuming.  I listened to Iowa Public Radio while I ironed.  The temp today was about 60 so not as warm as yesterday....evidently the storm took the warmth with it.

My lawn guy is coming this weekend to trim and cut down some weed trees before they take over and also to kill the weeds that are coming up through my mulch.  Weeds here never die....even though we had many weeks of below freezing weather this year.  

I hope you didn't have to spend the night in your basement! LOL!

Happy Trails!!! 

  

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you are okay, maybe you need a cot in the basement so you can sleep through a storm:)

Miss Merry said...

Glad the storm petered out. But better safe than sorry. My tornado story goes back to 1969. We had tornado warnings on the night of July 4th. My mom made us all go to the basement, but my dad refused because he had to go to work in the morning. We didn't get a tornado, but all the rain made our city's reservoir system collapse and our town flooded! The water was rising in the basement. It really was a mess. Our town was sealed off and no one could enter or leave. The National Guard came to help and went through the neighborhoods picking up men in trucks to help fill sand bags. Since it was July, everyone's food spoiled. My parents had just filled the freezer and were cooking everything they could on the grill and forcing us to eat, lol. You had to stand in line for drinking water and could only get milk if you had a baby. It went on for a week or 10 days. I just remember how stinky it was - you couldn't shower and it was hot! And - you couldn't flush! Ewww.

Betsy said...

I'm glad the storms petered out without any actual tornadoes. Our storm today left us with 8 inches of snow. We stayed in all day except for taking the dog outside. I'm glad you were able to get a little extra sleep. I was up most of the night coughing with this cold thing I have. Tonight I'm going to try some cough medicine. It usually doesn't help me at all, but I'm so tired and need to sleep.
Oh, and I like to iron too. I still iron all of Dennis's shirts and his hankies. Old habits die hard.
Take care Sam and don't work too hard.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I'm so happy you didn't have any tornadoes. That would be scary! I look forward to seeing what you make with those lovely Lori Holt fabrics.

Cousin Kay said...

Glad there were no tornadoes!