Sunday, February 19, 2023

YOP Week #34 Year 12

 I didn't do too much this week.  There were the storms which, although no damage, seem to mess with my sleep and my schedule.  I did get my sewing area cleaned up and organized.  I worked on the Valentine's Day SAL of Strawberry Faire.........it's bigger than I thought and I barely made a dent in it....

Yesterday I wanted to make project bags but...the stars did not align correctly.....the fabric I got in the mail was not large enough for the linings, so I tried another pattern but didn't have the fusible webbing needed nor did I have any coordinating fabric....I gave up for now.  

I did have a final finish and advent gift #1 for this coming season for my daughter......I have an apple charm coming also to pin on it........(she's a teacher so I thought this would be cute)........

here's the back of it............

I also made some lavender sachets to put in our  knitting bags or a drawer; one for her and one for me...so that's advent gift #2.....

That's all for this week.  I did finish the 2nd Joan Aiken book in the Wolves Chronicles....it was good but not as good as the first one.  Now, I've started the 5th Phryne Fisher mystery; The Green Mill Murder....so far so good!

My red and cream BOM quilt was shipped but has not arrived yet.  I'm hoping tomorrow.  I've also ordered a wool applique BOM Louisa May Alcott quilt.  This week I am hoping to work on the Red and cream BOM, my bed quilt, hopefully a project bag, some XS progress, and get back to my sock knitting!

I also need to go back to painting the book shelves, more of the budget, piano, Spanish, cleaning and more organizing.  The yard man came and trimmed, spread weed killer, and  removed weed trees.  I am so lucky to have him and his wife.  They are the nicest, fairest priced, and hardest working people!

I hope you had a great week and that you have things to look forward to this coming week!

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

You finished projects are so cute. The apple one us perfect for a teacher. Sounds like you have a full week ahead of you. Hopefully the weather stays calm so you can sleep properly.

Ceulan Fibres said...

What lovely neat stitching!

Cousin Kay said...

V. cute Advent gift! And the strawberry pillow will be beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You better start an Advent box or you will put those gifts away so well you won't find them come December! I hope you have a great week, it is turning real cold here:(

HighlandHeffalump said...

A fruity week with the finished apple and started strawberry! An apple pin added sounds perfect. You are doing great on your advent makes too, it’s only mid-February, I’m impressed. I have lots more stuff to take to the charity shop and recycling and more to tackle this week, even though we are miles apart it feels good knowing someone else who keeps tackling the same thing.

Miss Merry said...

I just love your ABC ornament!! Perfect gift for a teacher. It is adorable. I am looking forward to seeing your red and white quilt.

Betsy said...

Look at you already starting your advent gifts! Good for you! It's such a cute ornament and perfect for a teacher. You say you didn't get much done but you certainly seemed busy to me. I'm still down with this "stuff" whatever it is. The cough is driving me nutso. I did finish a baby blanket and start a prayer shawl for the hosptial.
Strwberry Faire is going to be so sweet. I have such a long list of things to make and everything seems to take me longer these days.
Have a great Monday Sam! Here's hoping for no storms.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I'm behind on my commenting so I apologize in advance for the multiple notifications :)
I almost joined the Strawberry Faire stitch along. I love that strawberry! But...as you know, I have more going now than I can handle. The ornament you made for your daughter is adorable and very appropriate for her. The sachet pillows are a great idea, too.