Monday, February 6, 2023

Time to get outdoors!!!

 It was a beautiful day here with just a few spots of ice and snow left but they will be gone by today as it is 63 F.  Today I had to call Geek Buddies as I couldn't get my DVD player on my pc to work.  I need it to take my Spanish lessons.  Finally got that fixed and I was also able to install a new print driver for my printer.  I hope all the technical and electrical issues are solved now.

I got the garbage out and got lots of burning of paper done outside with my new fire pit.  It is so much cheaper than a burn barrel and you can use it to cook on too or just to keep warm when you're outside.  

This morning there was a coyote in my backyard.  I didn't have time to get a picture.  I knew it was a coyote though as we had them around when I had my little farm but my dogs kept them away.  I did some cleaning and some laundry and I called Mary Englebreit store again.  Last time I emailed them but they never got back to me.  This time I had to email them a picture so they could send it to the guy who makes the cottages.  Hopefully, that will solve the issue and they will send me the roof.

I also got 2 new books in the mail!  Yay! The second book in the Wolves Chronicles....

and the 5th book in the Phryne Fisher mystery series.....

I've had a little issue with Miss Peeps where she sometimes attacks me and her nails have cut my ankles and made them bleed.  I thought she was growing out of it as I would spray her with a water bottle.  But last night I had both hands full of a glass of juice and my plate of supper and she attacked me not just once but 3 times before I could put my stuff down and get her to stop.  I think I'll have to make a vet appointment and see if there is something that can be done.  It's not enough that she has ruined every piece of upholstery in the house but she has made me bleed every time and I don't want to get cat fever!

I did think of a temporary solution as it only happens at the end of the day.  I have a pair of UG look-a-likes and I'm pretty sure her nails can't penetrate them so I will be putting those on shortly.  If any of you have ever experienced this with a cat please let me know and how you solved it.  During the day when she's not napping she is very affectionate but then she turns into a monster at night.  I have to sleep with my door closed because one night she attacked my head and made it bleed.  Maybe she's bi-polar or something.  I imagine there is mental illness in animals just like humans.  But whoa Nellie.....when she's bad she is really bad!

BTW, I did identify the bird as a purple finch and so did several of you.  I also have goldfinches too....I get more and more varieties....they really like my backyard, birdbath, and feeders evidently.

I hope you had nice weather where you are today.  It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and then rain on Tuesday night and into Wednesday.

Happy Trails!!!
 


 

4 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Whoa......Miss Peeps needs to stop being so aggressive. I agree a vet appointment would be a great idea. Our weather is fabulous again today but we will be getting chilly again next week. That's ok too. Before I know it we will be in the throws of 100 plus degree heat.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm not a cat person but my husband had several when we first married. They sure can be quick but I've never seen one attack like that. That's worrisome. I noticed there's a new Miss Kopp book out. I can't wait to read it. Hugs!

Miss Merry said...

We had a neutered male cat that would attack. One morning I went to shut off the alarm and he got my arm as I outstretched it. His claws got caught and my screaming woke my husband who had to guide the nails out of my arm. No cat fever, but I still have a scar.

We had toddlers and a baby at the time. I made a very difficult decision to have him declawed, the only cat I ever did this to. It did not help his attitude. He then would grab people and bit them - hard.

He finally had to go live in the garage. I couldn't let him outdoors with no claws and I couldn't have him in the house with the babies. What a mess :(

This seems pretty new for Miss Peeps. I wonder if a health issue is making her upset? I sure hope you can get to the bottom of it!!!!

Susan said...

Yikes! I had adopted a Siamese mix a long time ago and, when I brought him home, he attacked me from behind, digging his claws into my face - missing my eyes by less than a half inch! I slept with my door closed that night! And he was back to the shelter the next day. I'm not sure what sets them off, but it's not worth the loss of blood!