Thursday, February 9, 2023

The sun's shining today but solar flares???

 Okay, remember when the dishwasher didn't work just recently and then the keyboard, and then the printer?  Well, they're all fixed but last night the t.v. started going wonky.  Then this morning I got an email from Netflix,  who I canceled last month, welcoming me back! What?  So, I have been in contact with Netflix (waiting on a chat for 45 minutes) and then emailing back and forth with t.v. support and getting  no where.  I finally got the Netflix issue straightened out after a 45 minute wait and a resetting of my password.  The T.V. still isn't working.  I keep asking them to call me so we can wrap this up.  The t.v. works but can't get the stations to come on and all of a sudden it's in French!  So, needless to say I've gotten nothing done.  I cleaned up the  kitchen and cleaned out the frig and then I was plopped in front of the p.c. trying to get things "fixed" all afternoon. 

I did get a picture of the bookcase but I didn't finish up the first coat like I'd hoped nor was there any piano or Spanish so far.   It's definitely going to need another coat....cream over black is not easy but I'm so glad I'm doing this.  It's been bugging me for awhile.......

I also unearthed some liquid embroidery pictures I made for my Mom probably 40 years ago.....liquid embroidery is painting from tubes on pictures that are printed on a material.  They still sell it in Hershner's Craft Catalog.  My Mother loved birds.  I was going to get rid of them but I decided they would look nice in the dining room...plus I really like birds also............


  
 



Please send good thoughts for my T.V.  I don't watch it during the day but when you live alone it is nice to watch it in the evening.  I look forward to it.

I hope you are all well and having a wonderful week which is almost over already!

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Oh my goodness. You certainly have had your share of appliances issues. I did liquid embroidery too. It was so much fun.

Cousin Kay said...

Your tv is in French?:) Perhaps this is a sign that you should learn French instead of Spanish--just kidding! Those birds are beautiful. My father loved birds also. The avian love skipped over Alice and myself. Not that I have anything against them!

Becki said...

I remember liquid embroidery! I didn't realize you could paint with it. I remember drawing with it on ironed-on patterns that could have also been floss embroidered. Boy that brings back some memories. Your bird pictures look lovely. They'll look wonderful on the wall.

Miss Merry said...

Good Grief, you have had a day! I hope the tv behaves. I did see one on sale at Walmart for $88 that had Roku installed. We watch Youtube on ours.
I remember liquid embroidery. Haven't heard that term for years. There used to be a craft company where people had home parties in your area (way back, maybe the 70's and 80's). We tried liquid embroidery at one once.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Lefty Crafter - yes, it was fun!

Cousin Kay -I thought about French as I like it better but Spanish is even on T.V here so I thought I should learn it first. I didn't know your Dad loved birds...I wonder if it's in the genes somewhere? It's like creating/crafting...Bernice did crochet and Alice did ceramics but I wonder if our Grandmother's did knitting or anything? My Mother didn't do any of that so where I got it from I have no idea.

Becky - mine were simply liquid embroidery. I guess if you were talented you could have hand embroidered them with floss but I wouldn't have known how.

Miss Merry - That's about all I watch too, is You Tube. The T.V. is not working and it looks like their TEch Support has no other solutions for me. I may need to look at another t.v. The only problem is this one is big and I installed it but that was a while ago and I don't think I have the strength to take it down and install another one. It's on my dresser. I may have to ask my lawn guy if he would do it if I paid him. Or maybe I'll just watch on my phone! LOL!

Jeanna said...

Am I the only one that has never heard of liquid embroidery? Although, I love those birds, great job. I hope your TV issues are resolved soon. I've never heard of the language switching like that but French is nice.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get the TV fixed. Sometimes it is easier to just buy a new one...as repairs can get so expensive. Those birds pictures are wonderful!! So well done. Hope your day goes better!