Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Stormin' Norman today!!!

 It's been raining since last night and now it's thundering and lightening.  A great cozy day.  We have flood warnings and there are lots of puddles and the ditch is flowing with water.  We have a lot of clay in the soil so it doesn't take much to flood.  But we have no sidewalks or cement so it just runs down the street to the lake.  There is a little bridge that sometimes becomes impassable but then you can drive around the lake.  But it takes awhile as it is a big lake.  It rarely happens though.

I did more bookcase painting today and I can do about 2 shelves/day.  I have one more shelf to go and then the outside but it will need 2 coats at least.  I took a picture but it didn't show up when I downloaded them so maybe tomorrow.  The room already looks brighter.

On breaks I've been working on a free Valentine XS from The Colorado Cross Stitcher.......hopefully it will be ready by Valentine's Day..........

I'm having a hard time keeping up with piano, Spanish, and cleaning, cooking, and painting!  But as long as there is some progress somewhere I guess that's what counts.  

I hope the weather is good where you are.  I love a cozy, stormy day...now that I'm retired and don't have to go out in it.

Happy Trails!!!
       

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Very cute Vday xs. Fingers crossed it is completed in 6 more days. Sounds like a good day to be inside working in the xs

Susan said...

Good grief! Do you have time to sleep in that crazy-full schedule? We've gone from -20 to rain in the forecast. Whiplash weather, for sure. xo

Jeanna said...

Your Valentine cross stitch is so pretty. I love the opalescence in the fabric. Can't wait to see the bookcases when you have finished the paiting.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I really don't know how you keep up with so much. I try to get onto some sort of schedule or routine but fail miserably every time. I just tend to go with the flow every single morning. Sometimes I don't get a spurt of energy until late afternoon. Your cross-stitch is nice. I've been doing more of it lately than crochet. If I'd organize my craft supplies, I could do so much more. :/ Take care.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute cross stitch! We have warmed up!!