Friday, February 3, 2023

Holy Cannoli Molie!!!

 What a week this has been!  Not counting the weather, a power outage,  and not being able to get out and get groceries....I think Mercury is in retrograde and/or there are solar flares!  First the dishwasher conked out, then the printer, then my keyboard!  The dishwasher guy came in between storms and although he had to order a part it is usable.  I was able to fix my printer and my keyboard....whew!  But the vacuum cleaner took a dive and I need to try and fix it.  

Today made up for the whole week of storms and mishaps.  The sun is shining, the ice is melting, and I got treasures in the mail!

I got a beautiful card from my BFF (suitable for framing, I might add!)...........I think I will string some twine and use clothespins to clip my favorite cards.....and this will be the first one!  Thank you BFF.....so fun to get mail and she wrote a long note inside too........

I also got this book I ordered from Thrift Books........I'm on chapter 4 already......this is another children's book but it's like 230 pages and I am already enjoying  it.....I love children's books!

Plus, I got the pattern for the Valentine's Day SAL with Helen D.......can't wait, but I need to dye some fabric for it....a pale pink.........

Yesterday, I made potato soup and today I made cinnamon twists.  I am now in the process of making snickerdoodle cookies and then I need to make some jello.  Tomorrow I will order groceries to pick up Sunday as it will be sunny and 53 F!  Yay!  

I'm so glad I have YakTracs for my shoes so I can walk on ice.  I feed the birds every day and give them water as it freezes over at night.  They have 2 suets and they have been all over that bird feeder!  The most birds I've ever seen....I think they spread the word!  I got the locking suet holders which have definitely foiled the crows attempts!  I don't mind the crows having some but they were taking the whole block of suet!

There's a new bird too...the little red one sitting on the clothes pole...I need to find my bird book...........

The snow and ice is pretty much gone in the back  yard but not the front and the street is still ice covered except where the sun hits it.  Things are melting today!  How is the weather where you are?  Fine I hope.

Happy Trails!!!

 

9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

We are sunny and in the low 70s for this entire weekend. You certainly have had your share of woes with appliances. You need xs is going to be adorable.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad it is melting. I was hoping you didn't lose your power! Looks like it might be a Purple Finch. Take care!

Cousin Kay said...

Love the card you got. Extremely cold in Chicago today but no snow or ice.

Miss Merry said...

Glad it is warming up! All your food sounds so good. Lucky it wasn't an emergency grocery operation. Hopefully all these broken items are behind you. Why does everything always fall apart at once.

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm glad it's warming up - I love the birds!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I guess Purple Finch too! It is warming up here! like 50 degrees warmer than it was this past frigid week. Yes I am excited about 30 F!!! We had to double wire those suet feeders shut cause of the squirrels:(

Becki said...

Glad you were able to fix your computer things; hopefully you're able to figure out the vacuum. I don't think I would have thought of light pink as the background for a strawberry cross stitch, but as I imagine it, I think that will be very sweet. Picking out colors for projects is usually the thing I struggle over most.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yes, I looked in the bird book and thought it was a purple finch also but glad there was consensus!
Becky, the pink is going to be very pale.

Jeanna said...

Yikes! You really have had more than your fair share of technical / mechanical issues. You selected a nice project for Helen's Valentine's Day stitch along. Hope the weather didn't get too bad for you.