Sunday, February 26, 2023

YOP Week #35 Year 12

 Hi everyone...gather round while I show what I did this past week craft wise.  I did do a final finish....out of season, but now it's ready for when that season comes around again..........there's a little leaf charm with some colored beads hanging down but it hard to see.........

my focus piece this week was Strawberry Faire...........

I got a bit done on it but it is far from finished....and to think I thought it would be a"quick" stitch...lol!

I also started a St. Patrick's Day XS on 36 count linen.....tiny, tiny!  This is the smallest count I've ever stitched on especially in linen..........

I didn't get much of a start on it............plus there is one over one stitches in there which are enough to make your eyes cross.....permanently!  They're on the right side and are 1/4 of a regular stitch which is small enough on 36 count.  Can you believe there are people that stitch on 56 count?  That's crazy! 

I got my 2 blocks for my Red and Cream BOM cut out....yay!

I worked on Lori Holt's project bag (the small one).  I had gotten her panels for bags but the directions on the panels and the instructions she gives on her video tutorial are different plus she doesn't give you exact sizes.  Everyone raves about her and I like her products but they are always way more expensive than everyone elses and I'm having a hard time following her tutorial for these bags.  I think she assumes you have yards and yards of her fabric.....which I don't.  Anyway, I am getting through it and once I make one I think I will be fine for the others and I will write down the measurements!  I did sew the little tag and now I'm ready to quilt and sew the rest of the bag.........

I thought I was on the foot of my sock but I was on the gusset.  So, no picture but I will definitely be on the foot before next weekend!  This coming week I will be receiving supplies for the 3 Little Kittens XS and for the Wolf XS for Grayson.  I will be starting the Wolf and although I shouldn't, I really want to start the 3 Little Kittens.  I will hopefully have my 2 quilt blocks done by next week, another final finish, and a project bag.  That's my plan anyway.  I hope you have a happy and creative week doing whatever it is that gives you joy! 

Happy Trails!!!   
      



11 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Golly Sam. You did so much again this week. That turky is precious. I blew up the photo so I could see the charm. Very sweet. Thirty six count!!!!! Do you go over 2 at a time or just one? I would need a magnifier to work that. I am sure itbwil be gorgeous when completed though.

Maureen D said...

That St Patrick's piece is perfect for a knitter!! All your needlework is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Miss Merry said...

You really are a whirlwind with all these projects. I can't wait to see the wolf start and congratulations on the finished turkey!

I have a Lori Holt book and I had to map out the blocks myself. Her instructions just did not compute in my brain. Her projects sure are gorgeous, though.

Betsy said...

36 COUNT!!! Oh my gosh. I could never see to stitch on that small of fabric. Good for you Sam! The St. Patricks project is so sweet. I'm a sucker for anything with sheep on it. And the tiny strawberry pillow will be lovely too. Mr. Turkey is all ready to go for Thanksgiving.
I just started knitting Christmas stocking for Alex's family. His wife has never had one so I thought I better start early in case I have issues with them. :-) You never know. The pattern I picked has colorwork in it. Not a lot, but since I don't do will with colorwork, I figured I better leave myself plenty of time.
Have a great afternoon Sam.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a cute turkey. I would need one of those lighten magnifiying glasses to work on 36 count:(

HighlandHeffalump said...

What a cute pilgrim turkey, he has very smart tail feathers indeed. I got confused with the strawberry picture as I thought it looked like you’d finished it, it’s early so I’m not properly awake and now realise it was the product photo 😂. Anyway, it’s very pretty and I can already tell it will be one of my favourites.

Alissa said...

Love the St. Patty's Day sheep!

Jeanna said...

That is a lot of craftiness for one week. I have Lori's first panel of project bags but haven't attempted to make them yet. Your little turkey is adorable. Where do you find your charms?

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Lefty Crafter - I use 1 thread over 2threads of the fabric. I do have to use reading glasses for this. The only reason I am doing it on 36 count is that it came with the pattern.
Miss Merry - thank you for your comment as I thought it must be me that her directions didn't make sense to me. Everyone else raves about her and I do love her projects too but the directions didn't compute in my brain either! LOL!
Jeanna - actually my daughter used to make jewelry so she gives me a lot of them. They are hard to find unless you want to buy a zillion of the same kind. If I find a place I'll let you know. I did just buy some apple charms and that was 10 although I only needed one but apples will probably get used. If you could use an apple charm or 2, let me know!

Susan said...

Lots of projects to keep you busy.

Interestng about the KLori Holt panels - I've not seen them before - good luck finishing them.

Lucy Bowen said...

Your stitching is beautiful - your projects always make me want to get out mine!