Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day !!!

I hope you are all enjoying the day.  I had the start of the Strawberry Faire SAL today and I got off to a good start........ here's a picture of the pattern.........

I had dyed some fabric and was stitching along.............I wasn't sure if I liked my dyed fabric but I didn't have to worry because before long I realized I had cut the material too small! 

So, I found a piece of 30 count ivory evenweave (lugana?) and started over.......I haven't gotten very far.........

I also found a free pattern on Pineberry Lane on Etsy if you're interested.........so cute....

I received a Valentine present in the mail from my family in Iowa.........so sweet...literally! LOL!


 

and some melties..........(not for eating)....I was late sending their package so they won't get it until Friday....bad Grandma!

BTW, remember when I said my T.V. was broke?  Well, I had called the t.v. people and they were no help, then I got on Roku as the T.V. people said it had to be Roku....no luck there either so long story short....I messed around with it as I knew the setting I needed and was finally able to get it set properly!  I wrote the t.v. people back and told them they needed to hire me! LOL!  Plus, I fixed it in time to watch the Super Bowl and not only that but The Chiefs won!  Yay!  It was a great game and both teams played their hearts out.  I'm so glad I got to watch it.

Yesterday was a busy Monday per usual.  I  had to run up to Franklin and mail the package for the grands and get stamps.  Then I had to go pickup my grocery order in Ash Flat, then I had to get the truck filled up with gas, then I had to pick up some prescriptions and then come home and put all the groceries away.  Plus,  I had to get the garbage out.  I slept good last night!  I wanted to get everything done as we were supposed to get rain and high winds today.   Well, it's raining and it's a little windy but not bad like they predicted.  We are in a black hole here when it comes to weather prediction.

I hope you are enjoying your Valentine's Day.

Happy Trails!!!     





5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Valentines Day Sam!

Jeanna said...

Happy Valentines' Day....I got my wish in just in time LOL. It is great that you caught the fabric cutting issue before getting too far along on your cross stitch. I haven't always been so smart.

Miss Merry said...

Repairwoman extraordinaire! Good for you! What a runaround and I am SO IMPRESSED you could figure it out. Terrific.

Love the projects! Happy Valentine's Day!

Betsy said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sam! I'm glad you found the fabric was too small before you stitched much on your project. And...good for you figuring out the TV issue. We can't get the TV in the bedroom to work but it's no big deal. I don't think we've watched it since we moved in.
It does sound like you've been extra busy. We had rain all day today and snow is supposed to start tonight and continue through the day tomorrow. Right now the forecast is 3-5 inches. We'll see. They haven't been correct all winter. It's said we live in the "Omadome" and precipitation just seems to skip right over us.
Enjoy your Wednesday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Rain said...

Happy Valentine's Sam! Oh the Strawberry Faire looks really pretty!