Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday Craft Day and treasures!!!

 Before I get started "making all the things", I have to share the treasures that came this week!  Ooh La La!!!  I busted my budget this month but the month is almost over and I did get several presents.  I got books from Thrift Books..........this is from Thimbleberries - Lynette Jensen, but unfortunately the lovely fabric on the cover is no longer available..........

I also got a sequel to Wind in the Willows but not by the same author.........

and another quilting book I've had on my wish list for a very long time.....

I also got a few cross stitch patterns......I got an email from my grandson, Grayson, with a link to a XS pattern featuring a wolf (he loves animals).  He asked me if I could make it for him for his birthday in July. I said I  might be able to get it done.  So, I downloaded the pattern and lo and behold it was from Kiev, Ukraine.....exactly on the day of the 1 year anniversary of the war.  I am more than happy to support them and Grayson too!  Here's  the photo of the XS wolf........
 

I also found this darling old Cricket pattern on Ebay....the 3 little kittens.....so cute...........

So, I ordered the fabric and floss needed for both.  I always go through my floss and material to see if I have any of the needed supplies.  I needed material and a few flosses but I had some of them already.  I definitely need to get started on the wolf for that July birthday! 

The really special treasure is this box and what it will contain down the road.......it is called The Flower Letters and it is a subscription.   Here is their description............"The Flower Letters is a snail mail subscription that allows you to experience a thrilling, immersive story of history, mystery, adventure, and romance in a way you never have before.  Over the course of the next year, you will begin receiving a story told to you through 24 stamped, sealed letters mailed to you twice a month.  With each letter, you will also receive several other fun and historically significant inserts designed to enhance your experience."  The collection I signed up for is The Audrey Rose Collection.  I am really looking forward to receiving these letters and the story that will unfold behind them.  The tin is extra but I wanted it to keep all the letters in so they don't get lost.   If you would like to know more about this fun subscription just go to The Flower Letters

Now, I am off to work on several craft projects!

Happy Trails!!!




8 comments:

Between Me and You said...

I never even knew there was a sequel to The Wind in the Willows! Another Brit book that I'd like to recommend to you is 'The Shell Seekers' by Rosamunde Pilcher about a family's life in Cornwall, England. Have a lovely weekend.

Cousin Kay said...

I agree--Rosamunde Pilcher is a great author.

Betsy said...

Oh look at all of those wonderful things. That wolf is definitely something very special. Grayson will love it and bless you for supporting the Ukranian people. My heart aches for them all.
Wishing you a wonderful Saturday afternoon.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Those are real treasures!!! I love that you treat yourself!!

Now that wolf - totally amazing. I can't wait to watch the progress on that amazing work of art! And what a wonderful gift that will be! It is a gorgeous pattern, simply gorgeous!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a great wolf cross stitch! I bet it will be fun to do! Stay warm:)

Susan said...

Wow - you will have your hands full - love the Wolf and a great way to support Ukraine.

Love the idea of the letters too - old-fashioned I suppose - but a lovely idea.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Between Me and You - I have read The Shellseekers and I've seen the movie...very good!

Jeanna said...

How precious that Grayson requested a cross stitch for his birthday. The wolf he selected is gorgeous. I look forward to following your progress on it.