Sunday, March 5, 2023

YOP Week #36 Year 12

 The trees and flowers are blooming so Spring is definitely showing up here in the Ozarks!  Of course, we also get the severe storms in the Spring but so far so good here in my town.  Prayers go out to those further South who had some deadly storms and also those with the severe snow storms and no power!  

I had a good week but didn't get a lot done.  I'm still plugging away.  I did not get Block #1 done as I ran out of thread!  LOL!  I couldn't believe it.  I had to make an emergency trip to Walmart!  So, hopefully, I will finish Block #1 today and get Block #2 cut out for my Red and Cream quilt.  I  was so proud of myself as I made flying geese which I have never done before and they turned out! 

I worked on my Irish XS and figured out how much to do each day so I would have it done and fully finished by St. Patrick's Day.  So, this is my focus piece until done.  I am ahead of schedule so I will work on my Sabbath Stitch today.  This is not a very good picture.....

I have been starting all kinds of new projects.  I have no idea what got into me but they were just too hard to resist! LOL!  I subscribed to another Block of the Month club but this one is a wool applique quilt of A Little Women's Christmas inspired by Louisa May Alcott........Block #1 is Christmas in Concord....
it comes with all the materials/wool..........

Block #2 is Orchard House...

with all the materials needed........

I've done wool applique before and I really enjoy it..............

Something new that I am looking forward to that I have never done before is basket making..........I have ordered a kit for a market basket from Joanna's Baskets  This is the one I have ordered but the painting and antiquing supplies do not come with it but she has tutorials on her website for how to do everything.  I found out about it from Michelle at Farmgirl Drygoods and she has done several and says the instructions are wonderful and very clear.  

That's all the crafting I got done.  I'm still waiting for the material for the XS projects.  I hope to plan out my other projects like I did the Irish XS so I can finish them in a timely manner.  The quilts will be 2 blocks/month each....I think.  I need to plan out the sock, Grayson's wolf, and more.

I did do a bit more decorating for St. Patrick's Day............here's my Irish cow that my daughter got me years ago.......

my little Irish cottage direct from Ireland..........looks like the one my relative's had....unfortunately I lost the picture of it.........

this is my Lucky Charms porcelain box from Ireland..........

Sam, returned from the Academic Decathon for state and his team got 2nd place in Science!  He is a freshman but was on the Varsity team.....I think he was happy about it! LOL!


 

Congratulations to all who participated, especially Sam!  Way to go!  Grandma is proud of you!

Here's a little "funny" that I thought I would share with you........

Happy Trails!!!




10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh your Grandson is a smart guy! Your project all look great! My daughter is always running out of thread:)

Cousin Kay said...

Congratulation to Sam!

Leftycrafter said...

Look at all those projects you have going on and more in the wings waiting. You do quite well with your quilting blocks. You have so much patience. I think that is why I never enjoyed quilting. Took too much patience.

Miss Merry said...

Congratulations to Same. WOW! Second place in SCIENCE! What an accomplishment!

I love the flying geese. Your seams look wonderful. Can't wait to keep watching the progress. I like all the projects you have planned. Your cow is adorable.

Maureen D said...

Congrats to your grandson. Please encourage him to strongly consider a career in engineering! With an engineering undergrad you can be anything, engineer, doctor, lawyer, scientist, etc.

Oh you are killing me with the basket. (I do not need another hobby, I do not need another hobby, I keep repeating to myself) That looks like a great hobby.

Love all your St. Patrick decorations.

Betsy said...

I almost spit my water out when I read your funny. I don't know what I expected but that was hilarious.
You've got so many things started that I can't keep track of them all anymore. :-)
Congrats to Sam on his win. Good for him and only a freshman! Wowzer!
I do like all of your cute little Irish decorations. You have some really cute ones.
I'm so glad the bad storms haven't affected you but I do feel sorry for those who have been having such bad weather. I've been praying for them all.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Your little funny had me laughing out loud! Congratulations to your grandson...he has a very bright future ahead of him.
I think I have a plan for getting my stitching and sewing done, but I'm not sure I can carry it out LOL. We'll see.

HighlandHeffalump said...

Well done to your grandson, you must be very proud of him. Looks like you will be all set for St. Patrick’s Day when your xs is finished. Sounds like you have some lovely new projects to come and the quilt sections look good. I’m lying in bed listening to hundreds of geese honking away as I read your post.

Fiona said...

You have some lovely projects there to do.... well done to your grandson and I did have a good giggle at your end funny ....

Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Sam well you sure have been productive ,well done ,and congratulations to your grandson,lol he does look happy ,good on him 🌹🤍🌹