Saturday, May 18, 2024

Books I've been reading.......

 I'm like 9 books behind in my Good Read's Challenge but I'll catch up.  I think I told you I read Barbara Kingsolver's book, The Poisonwood Bible...I did not like it at all 

Then I read this book which was really good...........

I was also reading this book and if you want to understand what the Palestinians have gone through for the last hundred years....this is the book to read.  It is very well-written and so sad what these people have had to go through for generations and now it is horrific.  Plus, our police are arresting and man-handling these peaceful student protesters.  You won't hear the truth from the mainstream media either.  Our government wants to ban TicTok because that's where you can actually see what is going on.  Netanyahu and the Israeli lobby tell Biden what to do and he does it!  From what I can see it is the United States of Israel.   We'll have a choice come November between 2 criminals running for president.  I won't be voting for the first time in my life.

I did find some cute cozy mysteries that take place on a farm...there are only 3 so far and I read all 3 but the author has other series that I'm going to try.  These were very good and hard to put down........



Sorry for the blurry photos....I copied them from Good Reads....never again.......the clear one was copied from Amazon.....live and learn!  Happy reading and ......

Happy Trails!!!

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have never seen Tik Tok, so I don't know a thing about it except that it is owned by the Chinese. Professional protesters can be hired to get crowds all fired up about something...I guess I wouldn't put too much stock in that kind of protest. God is in charge...I am certain he will sort it all out!

Miss Merry said...

I signed up for an online summer reading club. I have a bingo type card where I have to find about 20 books from different genres. I haven't had time yet, but I am hoping I can fill every slot with a book in my pile to be read!!!!

Jeanna said...

Whew! I don't know how you have time to fit everything in. I need to come hang out with you and learn to make a routine and stick to it!